cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone share ALL of their FICO scores?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Can anyone share ALL of their FICO scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Still, this account doesn't report to Equifax. And I get "too many accounts with balances" on some of my Equifax scores, even when I have only one account with a positive balance. Maybe that's a roundabout way of telling me that they'd like to see a thicker file.

How thick is your file?  I have over 20 accounts on mine and get the "too many accounts with balances" negative reason statement all the time, even with just 1 revolver (AZEO) with a reported balance and of course a balance on my mortgage.  That's 2 of 9 open accounts and 2 of 23 (I think) total accounts that have a balance.  I don't really think thickness comes into play here, but you never know.

Six open cards, three closed cards, no other accounts.

Message 41 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're fine and that negative reason statement IMO only constitutes a few points on your scores anyway.  If I'm seeing it present with > 20 accounts on my CR, you'd have to add a ton of accounts for the off chance of getting that code to go away.  Definitely not worth worrying about.  I'm im able to hit triple 850's with that negative statement present (along with length of time accounts have been established) I really don't think it's adverse impact is much at all.

Message 42 of 62
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

There isn't much I can do about the reason statement when I'm only allowing one positive  balance. We can guarantee that no balances would be worse. Smiley Happy

For giggles, I might pre-pay the utility bill just to see what happens on EX and TU. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the effect is nothing if I let my normal one to two cards report balances.

Message 43 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed that the 15-20 point drop associated with "no revolving credit use" is > the 1-2 (say) point drop associated with "too many accounts with balances."

I agree that would be a good test for S&G's on your profile... going to AZEO on revolvers and trying to get that utility bill to report $0 one month to see what happens.

Message 44 of 62
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed that the 15-20 point drop associated with "no revolving credit use" is > the 1-2 (say) point drop associated with "too many accounts with balances."

I agree that would be a good test for S&G's on your profile... going to AZEO on revolvers and trying to get that utility bill to report $0 one month to see what happens.

The score drop associated with too many accounts with balances can be rather substantial with mortgage Fico scores. Of course, as more accounts report, point drop associated with the "too many accounts with balances" reason code increases. Depending on profile, dropping from 2 reporting to 1 reporting may gain up to 10 points - IMO (all else being equal). I suspect this is the primary factor limiting my EQ, TU and EX Classic Fico 04 scores (minimum 3 accounts with balances, 2 cards) - No more scoreable inquiries as of this month Smiley Happy.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could see that.  My TU FICO 4 score sits at 819 and my #1 negative reason code is "too many accounts with balances."  That 819 though was drawn on 11/5/18 when my revolving balance reported was ~31%; it just reported yesterday at 4%, so I'm expecting my score on or about 12/5/18 to be in the low 820's.

TT, have you ever checked the impact in going from AZEO (revolvers) to AZ on your mortgage scores?  If the impact of number of accounts with balances may be up to 10 points (say) perhaps someone dropping from AZEO to AZ may only see a 5 point dip on their mortgage scores... (-15 + 10) just using those numbers as an example.

Message 46 of 62
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

No I have not.

The card I am AU on is heavily used and balances are PIF exclusively after statement date and cards always count on the older mortgage models.

The no accounts penalty being tied to AZ is a misrepresentation. You can receive this penalty with multiple cards reporting a balance. That happened to me on Fico 8 & Fico 9 with my AMEX charge card and an AU card reporting significant balances. The penalty is for no recent revolving account activity. So I have received the no revolving account activity penalty on Fico 8 and Fico 9 but not Fico 98 or Fico 04.

For mortgage Ficos I never drop below 3 total accounts with balances and usually have 5 reporting (mortgage, AU card and 3 of 5 personal CCs). I also PIF statement balances.

P.S. BBS - When are you going to list your 3B scores? It is not right for you to request such data and not furnish a full compliment of data points in return.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 47 of 62
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I understand, it's only $30.

I think you can find some similarities across the board though, which can be helpful to some in being able to guesstimate scores.  For example, if 8 out of 10 people say that their Score X runs 10-15 points higher than their Score Y, that's pretty strong data suggesting that Score X generally on most profiles runs higher than Score Y.  Then you can look to the 2 out of 10 people who state that their Score X isn't higher than Score Y and perhaps identify the profile similarity between those two individuals that possibly isn't present or oa factor across the 8.

For that sort of statistical analysis, there's the standard p-test: you need far more datapoints for trying to do analysis like this, 10 isn't close to enough and even 100 has a non-trivial error rate.

It's statistics Smiley Sad.

Again if you really want to know where you stand, just pay for the pull: otherwise I will suspect it will have little more value than estimating scores via Oujia board, and basically the same value as trying to estimate FICO from one's Vantage scores or vice versa: they're just different, even if the FICO 8 industry options are of course closer to FICO 8 than Vantage ever will be.

        
Message 48 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

P.S. BBS - When are you going to list your 3B scores? It is not right for you to request such data and not furnish a full compliment of data points in return.

As soon as I get them that'll be the first thing I do.  I have not pulled the trigger yet because I have a Citi account that hasn't updated on TU since August where it's been updating just fine on EX/EQ.  This happened once before about a year ago with the same account and the credit bureau team at Citi was able to rectify whatever the issue was.  That's being worked on again currently and I hope to have it fixed any day.  Grabbing all of my scores now would give me crappy (TU) data, as the reported balance on that account from August is significantly different than is the case currently.

Message 49 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

For that sort of statistical analysis, there's the standard p-test: you need far more datapoints for trying to do analysis like this, 10 isn't close to enough and even 100 has a non-trivial error rate.

It's statistics Smiley Sad.

I agree with what you're saying if you're talking just scores, but many of the individuals in this thread have been kind enough to include a good chunk of the profile data that goes into those scores, making the numbers far more meaningful than just a basic statistics activity.

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.