cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me how long (in your experience) from CC report to score updating?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me how long (in your experience) from CC report to score updating?

Okay, so when Citi or other CC company reports an updated balance to one/all credit reporting agency, how long until TU/Exp/Equifax updates the SCORE? As in, if my balance reports from Citi on Thursday, when will Score Watch tell me my score has changed (if it has, of course)?

Citi is telling me it can take up to 30 days....which I understand is 'possible', but in your collective experience, how long does it take? Citi has agreed to try to report my decreased balance a little ahead of their normal reporting day so I can *try* to get my score up a couple points in time for my lender to re-run my credit (buying house, need 2 points for a better financing package). Lender tells me today rates are trending up about .25 from last week, so I am anxious!!!! LOL

Really appreciate any advice!

(FWIW -- I'm going from about 91% util on 1 card to about 60% and overal util is going from about 73% to just under 49% -- hoping against hope for those two points!) (Am at 718)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me how long (in your experience) from CC report to score updating?

Most of my CCs report within a week of the statement drop date except for my GEMB products which can take 2 billing cycles to report a zero balance.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can anyone tell me how long (in your experience) from CC report to score updating?

@marty56 wrote:

Most of my CCs report within a week of the statement drop date except for my GEMB products which can take 2 billing cycles to report a zero balance.

That stinks. Do they not like you (and let me guess...they update quickly if there's a balance)?

Message 3 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

That stinks. Do they not like you (and let me guess...they update quickly if there's a balance)?

Yes if there is a balnce they always report it.  Also I have to be careful when I make the purchase since they don't allow your balance to go negative  via online payments.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

We have 4 GEMB accounts and we've never had trouble getting updates every month, regardless of the balance.  That's weird.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

Citi will update the CRAs within a few hours after the statement closes and the pdf downloadable statement is available online. Once in awhile it will take one extra day after the statement closes for the pdf downloadable statement to be "ready". This seems to only happen some of the time when a statement closes on a weekend but it does seem to delay the update to the CRAs by that one day.

Experian will have an updated report ready within hours.

EQ will take 2-3 days.

TU will take 2-4 days.

Scorewatch may take a day or two to get the notification to you. Don't forget SW is only going to notify you if the balance on that account went UP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.