Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not figure out what is causing this Equifax Fico 9 Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can not figure out what is causing this Equifax Fico 9 Score

Just got my 3 reports and the only negitive "You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report" Which brings my score to 762 this has been going on for the last 6 months or so. This can only be found under Equifax Fico 9 Score, the Equifax Auto 9 and the Equifax Bankcard 9 score

I have looked and looked and there are no accounts that show this, from closed to open accounts. I even registered with MyEquifax and when I click the negitivate accounts - it says none found.  This is for the scores "Equifax Fico 9, Auto 9 and Bankcard 9" that show a negitive mark. All other scrores for all three reports shows no negitivate marks. 

I can't dispute this as there are no accounts to dispute, I even got the hard report from annualcreditreport.com and there are no accounts that show a 60 day late payement.

It's not the end of the world but figure I would ask here if somebody has an idea or how to correct this. Again I would love to dispute this, but the online dispute makes you pick an account to dispute. Since there are no accounts that show any negitive stuff, I can't file a dispute.

Any help would be great

Pat

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can not figure out what is causing this Equifax Fico 9 Score

Do you have ANY paid collection on there?  Maybe one that was collected internally and not sold, like some of the cell carriers do?

I have a similar situation, and it costs me 100 FICO9 points, compared with FICO8 - says "Serious delinquency" and FICO8 says absolutely nothing.  Mine *seems* to be a paid verizon collection (only thing remotely negative on my report) that verizon didn't sell off - they collected it internally, but reported it, thus it seems like FICO9 thinks it is a serious delinquency.  

So again- you got ANYTHING negative on your report, at all? Forget the 60-day wording... What do you have on your report?

I think there is a bug in FICO9 model... its picking up things it wasn't meant to pick up.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not find anything at all, when I click on Items to Review, I get this

No Negative Accounts

No Collections

No Public Records

No Inquiries

No Recentely Opened Accounts

This is only happeing on Equifax Fico 9 scores. The other two my scores are in the 830's

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I had a similiar situation and called them. I literally asked what I needed to dispute because I couldn't find what they were referencing on their report. The CS rep I spoke with couldn't articulate a reason either and I was told it was being turned over to another department for investigation. There has been no change and that was 60+ days ago. 

I am leaving it for now as I am in the proccess of buying a home and don't want to initiate a dispute or some other weird thing that could screw something up. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks NikiAls

I'm still debating on calling and trying to figure this out as well. It's not that big of a deal as the score is still above 760, it just kind of bugs me thats all, I might weight till the end of the year then call them up

Thanks for all the feedback

Pat

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks NikiAls

I'm still debating on calling and trying to figure this out as well. It's not that big of a deal as the score is still above 760, it just kind of bugs me thats all, I might weight till the end of the year then call them up

Thanks for all the feedback

Pat

Be prepared to be given the run-around.  The people who work there are extremely incompetent.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A paid collection should be ignored by version 9. Just like a collection under $100 is ignored by version 8.

So if version 8 is not affected, maybe you should be looking for a collection less than $100. And you’ve got to stop relying on the CMS frontend to tell you what’s in your credit report!

Pull your ACR report and go line by line yourself! Don’t rely on the CMS frontend. You’ll screw up more than half the time.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my 3 reports and the only negitive "You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report" Which brings my score to 762 this has been going on for the last 6 months or so. This can only be found under Equifax Fico 9 Score, the Equifax Auto 9 and the Equifax Bankcard 9 score

Did  you have any loan modifications?  According  to    Fico 9 and Loan Modification     Fico 9 considers  a loan modification to be a derogatory indicator.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No modifications or anyting like that, there are no collections or paid collections. I did pull my ACR and could not find a single thing. The only clue I have is this only being effected by Equifax Fico 9 scores, Both TU and Experian are in the 830's. 

I don't think I'm going to call equifax right now, I will wait till the end of the year. I have no plans on applying for anything so it really is not a big deal. It's just one of those things that makes you scratch your head. If I find out what happen, I will make sure I post it here for others to see in case they have similar issues.

Thanks again for all the great replies.

Pat

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Take your Equifax ACR report and go to each account individually and look at the account status, payment status, current status. Look for one that’s different or has remarks.

How many accounts you have?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.