Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get abve 699 - pls help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get abve 699 - pls help

My credit score is lingering around 699. I pay my cc's on time and usually in full. I've never had a late payment. What's dragging me down (I think) is that I work for a company that requires me to travel often - I have to front the costs, and then I'm reiumbursed within a few weeks. I use one card with a $6K limit to manage this. Once within the past 12 months it's been almost maxed out, but usually charge up between $800 and $2000 each month. However, the card is always paid off in full before it's due when my company pays me back. I know if I can get my score above 700, mortgage rates will be lower, and I hope to buy a condo within the next 12 months. What should I do about my work credit card? Thank you for your advice. P.S. I read on the forum that our scores do not affect our spouse's score. However, this work cc is on a shared acct with my husband, so it's probably dragging down his score too, right?

Message Edited by NYCLKPE on 04-01-2007 07:05 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though you pay in full by the due date, that's proba...

Even though you pay in full by the due date, that's probably not the balane reported.  The balance reported is generally the balance as of your statement date.  IF this card is repeatedl reporting maxxed out that could be your problem.  If it is a joint card, the high utilization may effect his score but the extent also depends on overall avail credit.
Message 2 of 3
yoreljm
New Contributor

Pay the balance BEFORE the end of the billing cycle (i.e....

Pay the balance BEFORE the end of the billing cycle (i.e. before they create the bill), that way, your ending balance will be close to zero, and it will not look like you are carrying a balance.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.