Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card payoff and Two scores drop EX and TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card payoff and Two scores drop EX and TU

Hi  First post so please show me some grace.  Thanks!

Have been lurking a while as we are planning to apply for a mortgage after we sell our current home and relocate and look for a home there.

Been working to UP my Middle Mortgage Scores via AZEO.

I had balances on 6 cards down to two.  After paying off a Barcakys Credit Card - My wife had but used my credit to get (unbeknown to me!)

Recently paid off final balance of $1231 down to zero (was at $18000!!)  My EXP score dropped by 16  737 to 721  My TU dropped by 798 to 791 

I can figure out how to post screenshots.

Any ideas or suggestions

Thanks again

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Card payoff and Two scores drop EX and TU

If all accounts reported $0 balance, that is an All Zero penalty. You want at least one account reporting balance. When mortgage shopping, AZEO is optimal, All Zero Except One.

You'll get back points once one reports.

Welcome to the forums!!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @blindambition

I have two others reporting balances A Citi Visa at $650 (which is my next to zero)  And a Citi Mastercard which is at $139/ $160000.  I was going to pay that down to $30

Message 3 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

The one that was paid to 0 when decrease happened, was that an authorized user card? There's a credible DP showing All Zero penalty when all AU cards paid to zero.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

The one that was paid to 0 when decrease happened, was that an authorized user card? There's a credible DP showing All Zero penalty when all AU cards paid to zero.

My wife opened a card in both of our names - without my knowledge.  Maybe that's it. I don't know if I'm the AU or if she is.

Does it matter? How can I tell

I paid it off and she promised not to use it.  Are you saying I need a (small )balance on it to make AZEO work?  I thought all I needed to do was to get my larger Citi Visa down to zero

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

My wife opened a card in both of our names - without my knowledge.  Maybe that's it. I don't know if I'm the AU or if she is.

Does it matter? How can I tell

I paid it off and she promised not to use it.  Are you saying I need a (small )balance on it to make AZEO work?  I thought all I needed to do was to get my larger Citi Visa down to zero

There are actually 2 All-Zero penalties, one for your cards, and one for cards on which you are an authorized user.  Frankly, I wouldn't sweat it about the authorized user card.  There's a limit to how much micromanaging one can do Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.