Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off falling off in December - what to expect score wise

tag
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

Charge off falling off in December - what to expect score wise

This First Premier account is a thorn in my side. It is very old, small balance account showing 144% utilization, 30-day late, 60-day late, 90 and a 120-day late. ugh. What effect do you think it will have on my credit scores? Any educated guesses?

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off falling off in December - what to expect score wise

@nmbrsgrl wrote:

This First Premier account is a thorn in my side. It is very old, small balance account showing 144% utilization, 30-day late, 60-day late, 90 and a 120-day late. ugh. What effect do you think it will have on my credit scores? Any educated guesses?

I can't offer any guesses, but if it is your last derog on your CR, you should see a nice bump. The usual caveats apply about it may reduce your AAoA when the baddy falls off.   If it is your oldest account, you might not get as much of a bump as normal.  Still I would expect it the net effect to be good.

Good luck, let's hope you see a nice increase.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge off falling off in December - what to expect score wise

The OC account itself wont become excluded based on expiration of any derogs reported thereunder.

Unless the OC chooses to delete the entire account, there will be no effect on AAoA.

Exclusion of a major derog, if it is your only reported major derog, should be substantiall.

However, if other majpr derogs remain, the effect most likely wont be that significant.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.