Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pulled Equifax FICO Score for Freedom Approval

tag
Celle31
New Contributor

Chase Pulled Equifax FICO Score for Freedom Approval

O.K. I was approved for a chase Freedom card and they pulled Equifax. Well on MyFico, my score is 681, but when i looked at the back of one of my chase papers it said my FICO score was 702, (300-850) it even gave me the reasons why my score was so low. (ex. too many personal finance acct, exc..) Even though im glad to be in the 700 club (at least with their MyFico score) why is there such a big difference?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Pulled Equifax FICO Score for Freedom Approval

When was the last time that you pulled your score here, or got an alert? (for the 681)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

Assuming is specifically said "FICO" on the letter:

myFICO EQ FICO is Beacon 5.0, the one used for mortgages and therefore the most valuable of all EQ scores. So your EQ Beacon 5.0 Score is 681.

There is a later version of Beacon, called Beacon 9. There are BankCard Option versions of Beacon 5.0 and Beacon 9. These are designed to indicate your risk more accurately for a BankCard.

So it could have been Beacon 9,  BankCard version of Beacon 5.0, or BankCard version of Beacon 9.

If you were applying for a mortgage, your score would have been 681.

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Assuming is specifically said "FICO" on the letter:

myFICO EQ FICO is Beacon 5.0, the one used for mortgages and therefore the most valuable of all EQ scores. So your EQ Beacon 5.0 Score is 681.

There is a later version of Beacon, called Beacon 9. There are BankCard Option versions of Beacon 5.0 and Beacon 9. These are designed to indicate your risk more accurately for a BankCard.

So it could have been Beacon 9,  BankCard version of Beacon 5.0, or BankCard version of Beacon 9.

If you were applying for a mortgage, your score would have been 681.

So you're assuming that mortgages are Beacon 5.0 and the Bankcard option  is Beacon 9.0?

There might be mortgages in Beacon 9.0 but i dont know how many.

Message 4 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

So you're assuming that mortgages are Beacon 5.0 and the Bankcard option  is Beacon 9.0?

Virtually all mortgage apps use Beacon 5.0 for EQ.

There is a BankCard Option for both Beacon 5.0 and Beacon 9. Other industry options are available also.

A Bank qualifying someone for a CC can use whatever scoring system they want since it is their loan. A mortgage app has other entities involved like VA, FHA, insurers, and any company that might buy the mortgage. All of these entities will have to agree on what score qualifies the borrower. This makes things change slowly.

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@GregB wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Virtually all mortgage apps use Beacon 5.0 for EQ.

There is a BankCard Option for both Beacon 5.0 and Beacon 9. Other industry options are available also.

A Bank qualifying someone for a CC can use whatever scoring system they want since it is their loan. A mortgage app has other entities involved like VA, FHA, insurers, and any company that might buy the mortgage. All of these entities will have to agree on what score qualifies the borrower. This makes things change slowly.

Good to know

Message 6 of 9
Celle31
New Contributor

Thanks for all the replies, I was getting happy, thinking my score was really over 700.

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Celle31 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies, I was getting happy, thinking my score was really over 700.

For Chase credit cards it is, I'd be happy too Smiley Wink

End of the day, the only scores worth a hoot at that instant in time, are what the lenders pull.

Interesting point regarding the collective agreement re: mortgages and their packaging Greg, thanks for making that.

        
Message 8 of 9
Jstic
Valued Member

For my mortgage refi, Chase pulled TU 04 only.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.