Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest site to find actual score for mortgage/ Fico 8

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheapest site to find actual score for mortgage/ Fico 8

I am trying to get an idea of where we stand with trying to apply for a mortgage in a few months.  I am looking for the cheapest site to get an actual score so I can put the money I would pay for an expensive service towards credit card debt.  I have been getting the Fico 8 score through Experian but I am not sure how close that score is.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cheapest site to find actual score for mortgage/ Fico 8

The experian site allows you to purhcase several different scores. I'm not familiar enough to say which one you actually want, but you can see them by clicking through here: 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can subscribe to the myFICO Ultimate 3B credit monitoring tool here:

https://www1.myfico.com/products/fico-credit-monitoring

It costs $30 per month.  But once you have obtained your 3B report and scores, you can print all those out and then cancel it.  Thus the entire cost will be $30.  There will be a couple dozen different scores, but included in it will be your three mortgage scores.

You mention that you are getting a FICO 8 from Experian now.  Are you paying money for that?

Do you know what your credit card utilization is right now? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I purchased the mortgage one.  Does anyone have any experiance on how close this score is to the one that a mortgage company pulled?

Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

If the score is pulled at the same time on the same day, it should be identical. Differences have to do with changes that occur on your report.

Keep in mind that your mortgage lender probably pulled all three scores. The middle score is what's used to determine your "worthiness."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.