Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi bank removed my late payment!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi bank removed my late payment!

Back in January of 2019, I dispusted the late charge on my report. No luck, they only replied and said the item was valid. Months later, I called in hoping to get someone who could assist. I hung up with only the address to send in a request by mail. After Googling and reading about the Good Will letter ( on this forum), 7 months later, I sent a good will letter to Citi bank; took 3 1/2 weeks to receive response in the mail, telling me they would report the request to remove the delinquency from all 3 credit bureaus (listed the out). I couldn't believe it! It was an honest mistake, an oversight and so I humbled myself and told the truth about what was going on in my life at the time. I am now anxious to see what my score is going to look like; I believe I am in the high 700s now. The letter advised me to wait 30 days to give the bureaus time to update! 

6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi bank removed my late payment!

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I'm so, so, happy! 

Message 4 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

GW removals are always nice. Congrats! You don't hear too many nice things about Citibank, so this is extra nice.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing which address you sent the Goodwill letter to? I've been trying but had no luck so far. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.