Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

@Anonymous 

FICO 9  on EQ  per NFCU last month was 765 with 3 open 1 closed.  This month with score at 809 is 3 open 2 closed. 🤷‍♀️  Doing AZ again for next month’s score so I’ll let you know points drop to narrow down exactly how many of the 44 points gain this month was attributed to AZEO.  Maybe knowing the exact extra points may help solve the mystery.....or not.😁     Thank you for your input as always! 🙂

Message 11 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being on a thin card everything is magnified, even AZEO points. Look at some of @Anonymous ‘s data and you will see some big score swings for number of revolvers with a balance. EX8 less so.

How many revolvers had a balance when you were 765?
Message 12 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Being on a thin card everything is magnified, even AZEO points. Look at some of @Anonymous ‘s data and you will see some big score swings for number of revolvers with a balance. EX8 less so.

How many revolvers had a balance when you were 765?

@Anonymous 

All revolvers / accounts were at zero balance when 765 was reported and only one with a balance ( <1% ) with the 809 score.  I did not realize AZEO could swing more than 10-15 pts on thin file...that might be it.  I will update when all back to zero next month.

Message 13 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say AZEO points, really meant number of revolvers with a balance can have big swings on thin cards. But raw dollar amount and utilization can play a role as well and they are likewise magnified. (The other components of the AZEO method).

But here raw dollar amount and utilization are not coming into play, just number of revolvers with a balance, and yes it can have a big swing. Maybe @Anonymous will chime in to give examples.

Message 14 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I say AZEO points, really meant number of revolvers with a balance can have big swings on thin cards. But raw dollar amount and utilization can play a role as well and they are likewise magnified. (The other components of the AZEO method).

But here raw dollar amount and utilization are not coming into play, just number of revolvers with a balance, and yes it can have a big swing. Maybe @Anonymous will chime in to give examples.

The older models at EX reacted the most. EX 8 just doesn't care about number of accounts with balances - but EQ/TU sure do!

With 2 cards:

CassieCard 3B Report - Score changes at AZEO, CRA Comparison

MTG(Mortgage), AUT(Auto), and BKC(Bankcard) scores are 5,4,2 from the top.

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

BC9

AU9

EQ

+19

+23

+20

+1

+1

+4

+16

+17

+17

TU

+14

+22

+16

+6

+6

+6

+27

+27

+27

EX

+3

+10

+9

+7

+6

+6

+6

+2

AoOA 2yr1mo | AAoA 1yr5mo | AoYA/AoYRA/AAoRA 1yr1mo

8% to 5% aggregate change, ($816 to $539), TCL $11K

(9 & 8) to (0 & 6)% on 2 individual cards

What's really interesting to me is that I saw the exact same changes on the 8's at EQ/TU going from 4/4 to 3/4 cards reporting a balance, or 100% to 75%.

So 'less than 50% of cards' is obviously not a universal thing, if it's generally true at all. I don't think it's as simple as a percentage, and might be weighted according to number of cards. Or there's just a big gain from just not being at 100% with a balance.

Message 15 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous ! 😊 So there you have it, from 100% to 50% (AZEO) with 2 cards on a thin profile. But, she has added 2 cards and sees that same change now going from 100% to 75%.

Remember the more cards you have, the lower percentage thresholds you can hit, if in fact it is percentage based. So with more cards, it’s possible she would’ve realized a bigger gain at AZEO.

Have you tried AZEO since adding the other 2 cards Cassie?
Message 16 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a matter of fact, you having 3 cards @Anonymous, it would be great to know your changes between 100%, 66%, and 33% and 0%. We’re trying to confirm the thresholds. Cassie can hit 25%, 50% and 75%. But you can hit 33% and 66%.
Message 17 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you @Anonymous ! 😊 So there you have it, from 100% to 50% (AZEO) with 2 cards on a thin profile. But, she has added 2 cards and sees that same change now going from 100% to 75%.

Remember the more cards you have, the lower percentage thresholds you can hit, if in fact it is percentage based. So with more cards, it’s possible she would’ve realized a bigger gain at AZEO.

Have you tried AZEO since adding the other 2 cards Cassie?

No, but I can do it for the 3B report next month. My Amex BCE closes last, so I'll let that one report a balance.

I'll be able to see (via Experian) what happens as Citi Visa first reports $0 (50% cards), then Discover at $0 (25%).

Message 18 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous That would be awesome!
Message 19 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As a matter of fact, you having 3 cards @Anonymous, it would be great to know your changes between 100%, 66%, and 33% and 0%. We’re trying to confirm the thresholds. Cassie can hit 25%, 50% and 75%. But you can hit 33% and 66%.

@Anonymous  Ok, will do.  I’m back at AZ for now and will let that ride until September which is when I should have EX and TU generating scores.   Then I will do AZEO (33%) and AZE2 for the 66%.  Thank you for the info!

Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.