Re: Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

@Anonymous  thank you for your info!

Message 21 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
As a matter of fact, you having 3 cards @Anonymous, it would be great to know your changes between 100%, 66%, and 33% and 0%. We’re trying to confirm the thresholds. Cassie can hit 25%, 50% and 75%. But you can hit 33% and 66%.

@Anonymous  Ok, will do.  I’m back at AZ for now and will let that ride until September which is when I should have EX and TU generating scores.   Then I will do AZEO (33%) and AZE2 for the 66%.  Thank you for the info!

@Anonymous Thank you very much! Will also need to hit 100%, to establish point changes from 0>33>66>100%. Will also need to maintain all other scoring factors constant.

So, utilization, for example, would need to stay in the same bracket, e.g. <9% aggregate and <28% on each card, so we know the points are from the proper metric rather than conflated with others. 

Thanks again, it'll be a service to the Community!

@Anonymous We are gonna gain some awesome insight from these tests!!

Message 22 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous    Got it, look forward to helping gather DPs !

Message 23 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot you won’t get scores until September, so you can’t do the test until September on TU and EQ, and btw Experian F8 is the least sensitive to the number of accounts with a balance.

So this would be an awesome test to perform after you get your first scores in September! Thank you for your willingness to contribute and assist the community!
Message 24 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update @Anonymous 

Took all accounts back to All Zero to test whether previous month’s 44pt increase was all due to AZEO. At AZ, EQ 9 dropped 16pts to 793. So there is a mystery where the other 28pts came from?

Here is where everything stands at AZ with 3 open revolvers, 2 closed. Other than taking everything from AZEO back down to AZ, nothing else has changed from last month...no new inquiries, no new accounts, etc.

FICO 9

793 EQ (per NFCU) -16 pts from 809
701 EX (per WF) First time generated, previously no score
xxx TU - No score available to me as I do not know of a free source or a $1 trial source...if you know of one for TU FICO 9, I am happy to secure and report back?

FICO 8

767 EQ
708 EX - First time generated, previously no score
712 TU - First time generated, previously no score

FICO 2 (Mortgage)- 716 EX

FICO Auto 2 - 681 EX
FICO Auto 8 - 662 EX
FICO BankCard 2 - 699 EX
FICO BankCard 8 - 717 EX
FICO 3 - 702 EX

Other than the above FICO 9 scores obtained from NFCU & WF, all other scores obtained from Experian $1 trial subscription. Next month will go back to AZEO and report.  The next month will do AZE2, and the following month will let a small balance report on all three.   Please let me know if I neglected to add any other DP you are looking for? Hope you are having a great weekend! 🙂

Message 25 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   I should have added this to above post....EQ is the only bureau that has 3 open and two closed.  EX and TU have 3 open and ONE closed.  I still wonder if the 5th overall account had something to do with the other 28 point increase to EQ 9 from the previous month?

Message 26 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous   I should have added this to above post....EQ is the only bureau that has 3 open and two closed.  EX and TU have 3 open and ONE closed.  I still wonder if the 5th overall account had something to do with the other 28 point increase to EQ 9 from the previous month?

@Anonymous Data points thank you! look awesome, and let me ask you a question because I didn't go back and reread everything did we rule out aging metrics probably and it is possible that could've shifted you to a thick scorecard because based on recent information, the number of cards it takes may vary by bureau and if you just got that card reported then that could've caused the scorecard reassignment and that could account for those other points.

Message 27 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  You may be correct with regards to aging.  The only place I have been able to locate what seems to be an accurate AAoA is on Equifax report directly from them.....last time I did their trial subscription was in June and at that time it stated 6 years 10 months.  So August would have flipped to 7 years?  Representing 28 point increase?  

Also, you or @Anonymous may be able to answer a question I have for this month’s reporting.  My Discover Card statement will be cutting very soon and I have paid the balance to zero, but yet I still have a pending transaction for $1.00 from Amazon.  This is not a true charge as when I placed an order, they hit the card for $1.00, then hit the card for full amount when order was fully processed and shipped....so this is one of those pending charges that will work itself out and drop off never actually posting.  Question is:  If this pending $1.00 still shows when statement cuts, in your experience will this now report a balance to bureau or will it report $0.00 ?  If it reports, I will end up with 2 open cards of three reporting  a balance for next month’s scores.  I tried to pay the extra dollar to be on the safe side, but as I suspected it would not let me pull a payment from bank for anything more than the posted balance. 

Message 28 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to mail in a payment to pay over, but I don’t think they report unless it’s a minimum of $2, IIRC. I think there was a thread on that.

7 years is a significant threshold on some scorecards. @K-in-Boston confirmed and reconfirmed it on a clean/thick/mature profile. I cannot recall if he had revolvers under a year. Maybe he’ll be kind enough to chime in and let us know what his award was if he recalls. I would imagine it would be worth even more on a thin scorecard but 28 points, I don’t know. That would be the largest award I've ever heard of for AAoA.  

can you calculate your average age of revolving accounts as well? it's better to calculate it yourself than to use the frontends anyway for aging

I still wonder if the fifth card didn’t reassign you thought to a thick profile.

btw, your profile is mature not young on EQ.. ps i'm reading back through a second time and seeing or I could've used more sleep at certain point. We already established that earlier. 

Message 29 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Ok, got it.  I had been listing young..ISH as I understood TU and EX to be young at 6 months history and EQ is the ish part as it is aged.  EQ is the only bureau still listing the account that is 27 years since originally opened (closed 2014).  Wasn’t really sure what to consider or describe profile as a whole.  I can tend to overthink things.🤦‍♀️  

I’m not sure of the exact formula how to manually calculate AAoA....probably pretty simple, but need help here.  If you have time to point me to a thread explaining this or even if you have a template I can plug the info in I can do?

Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.