Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  Ok, got it.  I had been listing young..ISH as I understood TU and EX to be young at 6 months history and EQ is the ish part as it is aged.  EQ is the only bureau still listing the account that is 27 years since originally opened (closed 2014).  Wasn’t really sure what to consider or describe profile as a whole.  I can tend to overthink things.🤦‍♀️  

I’m not sure of the exact formula how to manually calculate AAoA....probably pretty simple, but need help here.  If you have time to point me to a thread explaining this or even if you have a template I can plug the info in I can do?

@Anonymous You are mature because your oldest account is over 3 years as far as version 8 is concerned.

Having a revolver less than 12 months of age affects the last segmentation point, new account or no new account.

To calculate your AAoA, get the opening date for every account on each CR. (it may be different at each bureau.) take every opening date and change it to the first of the month, no matter what day of the month it is.

Start with one bureau and for each account, calculate how many months from the opening date to the first of this month. Once you have the age in months for each account, add them all together and then divide the sum by the number of accounts. That will give you your AAoA for that bureau. Repeat for the other two bureaus.

The same is true for AAoRA and AAoIA, But for those metrics you exclude  non-revolvers and non-loans respectively.

@Anonymous should we make a chart/table for aging?

@AllZero could be a decent macro?

Message 31 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous should we make a chart/table for aging?

Did you mean a table with 9 aging values? Normal, Revolving, and Installment? That's a good idea.

I already have a macro to insert the usual 6 aging metrics. Easy to add another row.

Message 32 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI mean a chart with instructions on how to calculate those values, but the table sounds awesome too!

Unless the macro calculates ages and displays them?

Message 33 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 34 of 73
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, I think @AllZero ran out of room for macro's a loooooong time agosmiley-laughing021.gif

hides-behind-couch.gif

Message 35 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, I think @AllZero ran out of room for macro's a loooooong time agosmiley-laughing021.gif

hides-behind-couch.gif

@M_Smart007 😂😂😂

Message 36 of 73
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous. @M_Smart007. True. I'll have to make room for it by getting rid of others. 😃

Message 37 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousI mean a chart with instructions on how to calculate those values, but the table sounds awesome too!

They don't allow Javascript in a macro - otherwise, piece of cake.

One thing I never found a definitve answer for, but am 90% sure of based on observations of my profile data:

What rounding method is used for averages?

In Excel, a straight ROUND function works fine for me, but I've never had a value that could round down - only up, like 17.8 months. So it's probably normal midpoint rounding (e.g., 17.4 average would be 17 months).

Formula in Excel for calculating Age of a single account in Months:

=DATEDIF(DATE(YEAR(B3), MONTH(B3), 1), TODAY(),"m")

Where B3 is a cell containing the exact opening date (date of approval). The '1' argument in the DATE function above makes DATE return an an intermediate date value that is reset to the 1st anyway. The original value of B3 stays the same.

To display that in yr mo:

=INT(E3/12)&"yr "&MOD(E3,12)&"mo"

Where E3 is the cell containing the 'Age in Months' returned by the previous function.

Message 38 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They don't allow Javascript in a macro - otherwise, piece of cake.

One thing I never found a definitve answer for, but am 90% sure of based on observations of my profile data:

What rounding method is used for averages?

In Excel, a straight ROUND function works fine for me, but I've never had a value that could round down - only up, like 17.8 months. So it's probably normal midpoint rounding (e.g., 17.4 average would be 17 months).

Formula in Excel for calculating Age of a single account in Months:

=DATEDIF(DATE(YEAR(B3), MONTH(B3), 1), TODAY(),"m")

Where B3 is a cell containing the exact opening date (date of approval). The '1' argument in the DATE function above makes DATE return an an intermediate date value that is reset to the 1st anyway. The original value of B3 stays the same.

To display that in yr mo:

=INT(E3/12)&"yr "&MOD(E3,12)&"mo"

Where E3 is the cell containing the 'Age in Months' returned by the previous function.

@Anonymous That's so awesome maybe you can add a post in the primer explaining how to do ages and utilization in excel maybe?

i'm real rusty on my Excel, so when I made my chart I had to Google it and figure it out. Lol. I still got it update it and then go back and plot my old data as we discussed. No telling what we might learn. 

Message 39 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous could you provide the JavaScript and could someone put it in notepad and then make it an executable? Or something easy like that or you could make a nice app that does it and put it in the App Store? 😁
Message 40 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.