Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous. @M_Smart007. True. I'll have to make room for it by getting rid of others. 😃

@AllZero I need to get with the program and do the macros myself, but I just haven't found the time and energy to do it yet, but it would really be helpful. A little explanation like that is awesome for macros and it would be heck to have to go back and find it, so I figured you might find it useful and then I'll borrow it back from you later. Besides you're much more active than me, so it'll help a lot of people through you.

Now that I think about it I should add a link in the Primer.

Message 41 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

And @Anonymous I’m thinking it’s just straight round like everything else why would they deviate?
Message 42 of 73
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

With age you typically don't round up. Someone is 17 until they reach 18, 20 until they reach 21 and 25 until they reach 26. All being milestones. So, for age related values, I think rounding down is a possibility. The unit of measure for credit scoring models is almost always in months as stated in above posts.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 43 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   So glad you had me manually calculate AAoA, I misled you when I stated 6 years 7 months back in June for EQ.  After doing manually, I was even lower than the 6 years 7 months so I reviewed everything and at that time I only had 3 open and one closed reporting. Had a new card that got lost in the mail to me so that card / account was closed and new one opened with new card.  Below is what I came up with:

EQ

344 months divided by 5 CCs (3 open, 2 closed) = 68.8 months  -  I’m assuming I divide that by 12 to = 5.7 years?

EX

17 months divided by 4 CCs (3 open, 1 closed) = 4.25 months.  

TU

17 months divided by 4CCs (3 open, 1 closed) = 4.25 months

So if I’m understanding everything correctly, EQ being 5.7 years.....28 point increase mystery from last month most likely is not due to any aging metric?  

Thank you for explaining how to calculate the AAoA!

Message 44 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that Fico uses months when looking at age of accounts factors, not years.  While it's simple to divide total months by 12 to get a year value and years are easier to reference for the sake of discussion for most, years are not what the algorithm goes by.

Message 45 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Thank you!

Message 46 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous   So glad you had me manually calculate AAoA, I misled you when I stated 6 years 7 months back in June for EQ.  After doing manually, I was even lower than the 6 years 7 months so I reviewed everything and at that time I only had 3 open and one closed reporting. Had a new card that got lost in the mail to me so that card / account was closed and new one opened with new card.  Below is what I came up with:

EQ

344 months divided by 5 CCs (3 open, 2 closed) = 68.8 months  -  I’m assuming I divide that by 12 to = 5.7 years?

EX

TU

So if I’m understanding everything correctly, EQ being 5.7 years.....28 point increase mystery from last month most likely is not due to any aging metric?  

@Anonymous it doesn't appear to be AAoA and you don't have any loans on CR, right? So it can't be AAoRA, as it would equal AAoA. How old is your youngest revolver?  or did I already ask that? Sorry my memory falters.

you're more than welcome and as TT and BBS said, age is typically measured in months, but we often refer to it by year and a half year marks because that's where they typically fall.

@Thomas_Thumb so you think 59.6 months would = 59 months? Once I go back and plot all my data, I might be able to determine that because I was trying to test that one time and I never did go over my results I got behind, but I crossed back-and-forth across a threshold a few times.

Message 47 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ

EX

TU

On EQ you're at 5yrs 9mo. That's a multiple of 3, but I don't think that's worth 28 points alone.

68.8 = 69

69 / 12 = 5.75 = 5 years (drop fractional and use integer only for years)

69 modulo 12 = 9 months (this is remainder)

5 years 9 months

Message 48 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

No loans.  Only thing on bureaus is EQ 3 open CCs, 2 closed CCs.  EX & TU is 3 open CCs, 1 closed CC.  Nothing else at all.  Youngest account is 3 months (opened June...this is actually the card that got lost and replaced, so 2 at 3 months. 1open, 1 closed).

Message 49 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous !

Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.