Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean/Thin/Young..ish/New Account DPs

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymouscould you provide the JavaScript and could someone put it in notepad and then make it an executable? Or something easy like that or you could make a nice app that does it and put it in the App Store? 😁

Someone already did it years ago: https://aaoa-calculator.org/ (AAoA Calculator that pushes form data back to the webserver - PHP script on the backend probably.)

That link has been posted on the forums before.

Message 51 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

No loans.  Only thing on bureaus is EQ 3 open CCs, 2 closed CCs.  EX & TU is 3 open CCs, 1 closed CC.  Nothing else at all.  Youngest account is 3 months (opened June...this is actually the card that got lost and replaced, so 2 at 3 months. 1open, 1 closed).

@Anonymous I think there is an award at three months AoYA. @Anonymous was that at EQ? Because you may have got some points for that on the first ; you're in a thin file, but I still don't see 28 points for just that.

I need to go back and refresh my recollection and read the whole thread. Did the 28 point change happen at EQ when the fifth revolver reported? Or was it a different bureau? forgive me until I go back and read through it again. But the reason I ask is that could've possibly shifted you to a thick profile and that would account for that sort of point change.

Message 52 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

No loans.  Only thing on bureaus is EQ 3 open CCs, 2 closed CCs.  EX & TU is 3 open CCs, 1 closed CC.  Nothing else at all.  Youngest account is 3 months (opened June...this is actually the card that got lost and replaced, so 2 at 3 months. 1open, 1 closed).

3 months AoYA/AoYRA can be a huge boost. I saw +23 on EX 8 the first time. VS3 reacted even more - +44pts.

That won't be typical though - that was with my first 2 cards ever and only 3mos total revolving credit history.

The second time, back in March of this year, after I added Discover and AMEX, AoYRA 3mo was worth EX 8 +14. EQ 8 +2, TU 8 didn't move.

Message 53 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I think there is an award at three months AoYA. @Anonymous was that at EQ? Because you may have got some points for that on the first ; you're in a thin file, but I still don't see 28 points for just that.

24 out of 28 FICO scores up anywhere from +8 to +25 points (Link to full 3B report on the forum) (March 2019)

The second time - May 2020 after AMEX/Discover in February - wasn't anywhere near as good.

Message 54 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, so that magnitude is possible for AoYA 3 months on a thin/young profile in certain situations.
Message 55 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
And @Anonymous I’m thinking it’s just straight round like everything else why would they deviate?

Regular midpoint rounding is what I use for Average Age in Months, and it always matches with my myFICO 3B reports and Experian CMS front-end.

But I've always been above x.5 on that too. I just assumed 17.2 would round down to 17, but I wouldn't give that advice. I'm sure someone has seen a value like that before.

Message 56 of 73
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous. @M_Smart007. True. I'll have to make room for it by getting rid of others. 😃

@AllZero I need to get with the program and do the macros myself, but I just haven't found the time and energy to do it yet, but it would really be helpful. A little explanation like that is awesome for macros and it would be heck to have to go back and find it, so I figured you might find it useful and then I'll borrow it back from you later. Besides you're much more active than me, so it'll help a lot of people through you.

Now that I think about it I should add a link in the Primer.

@Anonymous  Think of a macro like an auto signature you can select from a drop down menu. As you have probably seen in my previous post that link to your scoring primer or ABCD's post.

You can build your macro message as simple or elaborate as you want using text or html.

1. Using macros saves time when you find yourself typing the same answer to multiple different posts that ask the same thing.

How to use Macros in Posts 

Message 57 of 73
dunn2500
Established Contributor

what is DP?

Message 58 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dunn2500    Data Point

Message 59 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous. @M_Smart007. True. I'll have to make room for it by getting rid of others. 😃

@AllZero I need to get with the program and do the macros myself, but I just haven't found the time and energy to do it yet, but it would really be helpful. A little explanation like that is awesome for macros and it would be heck to have to go back and find it, so I figured you might find it useful and then I'll borrow it back from you later. Besides you're much more active than me, so it'll help a lot of people through you.

Now that I think about it I should add a link in the Primer.

@Anonymous  Think of a macro like an auto signature you can select from a drop down menu. As you have probably seen in my previous post that link to your scoring primer or ABCD's post.

You can build your macro message as simple or elaborate as you want using text or html.

1. Using macros saves time when you find yourself typing the same answer to multiple different posts that ask the same thing.

How to use Macros in Posts 

And if you want to use Macros all over the internet, or need several thousand of them (lol), you can use this add-on/extension in the Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clippings/

I use it and it works great. I just have to use an Alt-Shift combination to bring up the UI dialog box and select a named macro.

Message 60 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.