Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed by consumer accounts

tag
steffiejoe
Contributor

Closed by consumer accounts

Does anyone know if a current closed by consumer account  affect your fico score?

I notice that some of my closed accounts do not have the  credit limit listed does this matter?

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed by consumer accounts

steffiejoe wrote:
Does anyone know if a current closed by consumer account  affect your fico score?

I notice that some of my closed accounts do not have the  credit limit listed does this matter?

1.) An account notated as closed by the consumer has no affect on your FICO scores so long as there is no balance and no late payments and the account is in good standing. Same applies if the account is closed by the creditor. With the later, even though scores are not affected, having a closed account report this way might raise some questions during a manual review with a lender...but this has never happened to me when I was apping for mortgages last year.

2.) Closed CC accounts with balances should show CL's because these will factor in FICO utilization percentage calculations while closed CCs without balances do not factor in utilization percentage calculations. Just make sure any closed account is in good standing and does not have a balance or late payments reporting.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed by consumer accounts

steffiejoe wrote:

When CL isn't reported, the high balance is used in it's place for purposes of calculating util. However, on a closed account util isn't a factor.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.