Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Debt

I have 2 cc with high interest rates one with a balance of 7000 and one with a balance of 1700.  I have 2 cc with low interest rates.  Would it be best to transfer the high interest rates cards to the low interest rate card?  I would max out both of the low interest rate cards if I did this, but would actually be making headway when I make payments.  I also always pay more than the min.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Debt

Unless you are applying for new credit in the next few months, it would be a wise move to transfer the balance to lower apr to save money in interest! Even if you have a small score drop, you will be paying off more debt faster which will increase score higher!!!!!! Score might drop sharply during the transfer because you might show a double balance for 30 days. Just ignore if this happens because when the old cards report balance $0 from transfer score comes right back.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Debt

Thanks so much.  The only new credit we will be applying for is a new car loan in January.  I am going to transfer the balances.  Thanks for your advice.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.