Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Inquiry- how long to drop off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Inquiry- how long to drop off?

I have a JCrew card that I have built up to a solid $5,600 limit via soft pull increases over the past year or so. Decided to play again today and hit me with a hard pull this time, which I wasnt expecting.  Its my first hard inquiry in close to a year as I work on my rebuild and noticed a 4 point drop on my Equifax report today.  How long will this hard pull for the increase reflect in a somewhat negative light on my score/report?

2 REPLIES 2
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity Inquiry- how long to drop off?

Typically 2 years but depending on other factors the actual affect it has could be lower than you may think.    

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Inquiry- how long to drop off?

Everything I have read says:

"Hard inquiries on your credit — the kind that happen when you apply for a loan or credit card — can stay on your credit report for about 24 months. However, a hard inquiry won’t affect your score after 12 months, if it affects your score at all."

So while it will be on your report for 2 years and can factor with manual review it will not hurt your score after 12 months.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.