Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed: AU card allows generation of FICO score

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Confirmed: AU card allows generation of FICO score

Some will say "duh, of course," others may be surprised. There is conflicting info out there.

To be precise, I am referring to the 6-month rule. You can't get a FICO score unless you have at least one account that is older than six months.

There could be some other gotcha I'm not aware of because of the nature of my profile. But at least in terms of whether it will count as your account older than six months, the answer is yes. See my signature for confirmation. To explain it so you know what you're looking at: I have only one "real" account that is 6+ months old, a closed Exxon card that appears only on Equifax. For this reason, I have been able to get my Equifax FICO scores but not my EX or TU FICO scores until now. My brother added me as an AU on his Barclay card that is 5+ years old. That card has appeared on Equifax and Experian but not TransUnion so far. As a result, I now also have FICO scores on Experian, but, still not on TransUnion.

The Barclay account in question shows me as "authorized user" on my report, so it's not a case where they mis-coded it or anything of that nature. All account history shows up on my report. It affects utilization and the other score ingredients as if it was my card. The only thing I can't do in the MyFICO interface on EX that I can do in EQ is, I can't use their simulator. When I try, I get a message about AU cards not being valid for the simulator, which is a bit confusing, but not like simulators are all that valuable anyway.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.