cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused a lot on Types of Scores. Please Help.....

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Confused a lot on Types of Scores. Please Help.....

I don't have much idea on the different types of the scores available and which will be used most. My current knowledge is as follows 

1 - Each Credit B , has it's own score and we can see if you purchase a product from them. Example - Credit Monitoring From Transunion Website gives a score. What is this type of score called is it really useful?

2 - Free websites like Credit Sesame, Credit Karma Displays some score value? What is this called?

3 - When you Apply for credit card and get denied, They will display another type of score on the denial letter which will be way too lower from the score given above at number 1 

Example - My score in the Equifax website says 742 but I was rejected by capital one and in the denial letter, the score from EQ says is 571

4 - Discover again gives a different type of Socre in it's statement every month.

I am really confused which score to believe and improve on.

Apart from these what are the terms FAKO, FICO Scores refer to? also Please give me how to get the correct scores of the each types (Preferebly Free)

I want to put all these REAL scores in my signature.

Thanks a lot team...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Confused a lot on Types of Scores. Please Help.....

Discover is a real score TU08 model. Most scores you buy outside of here are fako scores, Credit sesame CK are fako scores but are useful in keeping track of your reports. The scores you get when you apply for credit say for a mortgage of auto loan are real fico scores, but may be an enhanced score or a score based on individual lender underwriting. The score you get from say a CC denial letter is also a real FICO but it may aslo be an enhanced version.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted. 

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

There's also a sticky, Understanding FICO Scores that you will find useful. 

Message 3 of 5
newUser0
Established Contributor

These threads are awesome.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.