Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer finance loans on CR

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Consumer finance loans on CR

Below is what Myfico is saying that has lowered my score. These accounts are close and over 7 years old and all are paid as agreed. Should I get these deleted? I will affect my length of history deleting as well??

You have a consumer finance account on your credit report.

Number of consumer finance accounts on your credit report
5 accounts
Only 12% of FICO High Achievers have a consumer finance account.
Consumer finance companies typically grant loans to people with poor credit histories. Their customers often cannot get loans from traditional lending companies such as banks or credit unions. These are often high-interest loans because the consumer finance company is assuming more risk by lending to people with less than perfect credit.

The fact that you have a consumer finance company loan on your credit report means that you represent a higher risk to lenders than someone with no consumer finance loans. Even if this consumer finance account is closed, it will still lower your FICO score. However, its impact on your score will lessen as time passes.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Consumer finance loans on CR

wrong forum

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Try posting in General CR topics. You'll get more responses.

Edit: or understanding cr score
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.