Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card cancelled by issuer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card cancelled by issuer

Hi there,

How's everyone?  I have a question about how a issuer initiated cancelled credit card affects your score. 

Recently, my card was automatically cancelled by the issuer because someone tried to use it fraudulently.  No money was ever lost.  The issuer cancelled my credit card and issued a new one. 

How will this impact my credit score? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card cancelled by issuer

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi there,
How's everyone? I have a question about how a issuer initiated cancelled credit card affects your score.

Recently, my card was automatically cancelled by the issuer because someone tried to use it fraudulently. No money was ever lost. The issuer cancelled my credit card and issued a new one.

How will this impact my credit score?

It shouldn't have any impact. Generally when this happens, the replacement card inherits the original account opening date, so no history is lost. The original account may disappear immediately, or it may continue to appear on the CRs for awhile, but often such accounts are deleted after a couple of years and don't stick around for the full 7 years.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-30-2007 05:44 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.