Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring Primer, pub.5.17.20

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Scoring Primer, Pub.5.17.20

Mortgage Scorecard flowchart added, thanks to @Anonymous !

iv created extensions to reveal the reason codes:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Reason-code-statement-concordance-chart/m-p/6331723#M187632

Message 501 of 509
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:
Thanks for your input. This is indeed strange. I'm wondering if I will see a bump next month and if I will get a score drop when it's paid off.

@sjt that's a good question and it may depend on whether you were given those points overtime or even via utilization, or whether in fact you are tapped out on buffer from that category.

Off the top of my head, Im estimating that I received 10-15 points from this auto loan over the course of the loan term. Most of those points were gained in the first two years of the loan. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 502 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:
Thanks for your input. This is indeed strange. I'm wondering if I will see a bump next month and if I will get a score drop when it's paid off.

@sjt that's a good question and it may depend on whether you were given those points overtime or even via utilization, or whether in fact you are tapped out on buffer from that category.

Off the top of my head, Im estimating that I received 10-15 points from this auto loan over the course of the loan term. Most of those points were gained in the first two years of the loan. 

@sjt did you cross 65% in that two years? If so that sounds about right. I think it would also add more support to @Slabenstein 's idea about my theory of the buffers by category.

Message 503 of 509
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous 65% utilization, yes. 65% paid, no.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 504 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:
@Anonymous65% utilization, yes. 65% paid, no.

@sjt that's what I was referring to, did you get any points there?

Message 505 of 509
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Yes.
Message 506 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Yes.

@sjt I agree with @Slabenstein's position that it fits with my theory of category specific buffers. I think you're maxed out on the amounts owed category. We shall see when it closes how many points you lose. 

Message 507 of 509
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks, @Anonymous I'm tempted to pay it off early to see what happens.
Message 508 of 509
ccquest
Established Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@ccquest wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ccquest as memory serves, I believe each payment was 2% so it could've been 87% or 88%, so maybe you can resolve which one it is for us when you pass it? 

I was fully planning on tracking it closely, but decided to check my SL refi rates again and looking like I can get down to 3.07% from 3.93% and I'm probably going to jump on that unless I can get another company to get me even lower...either way going to get the student loan back to 100% haha.

Soooo, I'm definitely not going to be able to get the impact for each %. 

Since it took awhile to process everything and it stayed reporting a little longer while my car payment posted...At 85.4% I gained 7 points on Experian FICO 8 (789 -> 796) compared to before when it was right above 85.5%.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 509 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.