Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card FICO score reporting inconsistently with report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card FICO score reporting inconsistently with report

I have 2 credit cards that offer the complimentary credit score monitoring. Both cards utilize transunion and both reflect the same score with the notation that my score is affected by "derogatory public records". I have no idea what this could be. I called transunion and was advised that no public records are reported and then pulled my transunion credit report to confirm - and no public records or collections are listed. What gives? If there is something out there I want to know what it is. I'm at a loss. Any advice?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card FICO score reporting inconsistently with report

Fascinating.  Are there any derogs on your report of any kind?  Lates?  Liens?  Judgments?  Charge-offs?  Anything?

A next step I would consider is to access your TU report from more than one source.  If you are pulling your TU report from ACR, for example, I'd also try pulling your TU report from Karma.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am certain there are NO collections or any derogs or judgments NOTHING on my report.  I have pulled directly from TU, accessed free reports and have pulled twice from MYFICO.  I am at such a loss.  My "free" credit score with my AA card just dropped again 7 points!  BUT i think I know what is going on, I just don't know how to fix it.  My mother has a very similar name (different middle initial and I now have a married name with a hyphen) but my issue started in December when she started feuding with a Macys for a fraudulent charge.  We do not live at the same address but my suspicion is that there is some confusion.  However, it is still not actually showing up on my report for me dispute.  I am so frustrated.  I keep calling transunion to insist they address it but there is nothing for them to see on my report.  They keep directing me back to the CC company offering the free score, which in turn sends me back to TU.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And for what it's worth - i just pulled my FICO score from transunion through MYFICO and it's reporting 35 pts higher than my new "FICO" score just emailed me from my AA card.  I'm so confused.  Both Discover and Barclay both use transunion for their free FICO scores and both report the same.  I have independently pulled Transunion reports and scores and there are NO public records or collections. in 15 years ive never even had a late payment!! and my credit scores are higher than what is being reported by my credit cards.  751 vs. 786.  Should I try to do more digging and try to get to the bottom of it or just let it go since it doesn't actually seem to be reported on my actual report??  My next thought is to send a letter to TU and my cc companies showing the info provided by the CC and disputing it and maybe filing a formal complaint with the government. Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you are referring to the Citi AA card, they offer Equifax FICO 8 Bankcard, not a TU, and not the Classic score that Discover/Barclays offer.

        
Message 5 of 7
axlm
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

If you are referring to the Citi AA card, they offer Equifax FICO 8 Bankcard, not a TU, and not the Classic score that Discover/Barclays offer.

I think it's the Barclay's AA Aviator, so it should be TU. Interesting case.

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I am referring to AA from Barclay Bank and a card from Discover.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.