Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit history length age average VS average account age

tag
drmceo
Contributor

Credit history length age average VS average account age

I am trying to understand the difference between the two on my experian identity works plus account. The  site states in my summary that my credit history length average age is 2 years and 9 months, yet the actual reports says 3 years and 4 months for average account age. It is not a difference in agencies so the information is obviously the same. Any Ideas what can cause that discrepency? Perhaps the 1 Au account I have on their isnt counted on credit history length? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit history length age average VS average account age

Yup.  I think myFICO contributor iv may have pointed that out.  I.e. that even within the same credit monitoring tool one page might count AUs and another page might not.  The folks here will often point out that in two different credit monitoring tools, one might well count AUs and the other might not count them.  But it took iv to observe that this can even happen with the same tool.

The most important point is that the "summary" pages from a credit monitoring tool give you no basis whatsoever for infering what the scoring algorithm on the back end might be doing, especially as touches AUs but not limited to them. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.