Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score change

Why did my credit score change after I paid my balance to zero? The balance was only 4 dollars and I paid it off and jt score dropped 8 points
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score change

This condition is call AZ or All Zero, meaning all your cards are reporting zero which triggers a scoring penalty, let one of your cards report some balance next cycle and you will get the points back.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score change

@AnonymousWhy did my credit score change after I paid my balance to zero? The balance was only 4 dollars and I paid it off and jt score dropped 8 points

Do you have any other accounts aside from this one that have a non-zero balance reported?  Typically the penalty associated with all revolving accounts reporting zero is 15-20 points, so the fact that you only lost 8 may suggest a different reason.

As mentioned by the previous reply though, the reason for a score drop due to reporting all $0 balances is that the FICO algorithm cannot see any current revolving credit use.  It only looks at the current moment in time, not history, so it appears that you aren't using your revolving credit at all, thus resulting in a scoring penalty.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.