cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score jumped up 100 points in one month?

tag
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Credit score jumped up 100 points in one month?

In September, Trans stated that my husband's credit score was 610. Fast forward to today and it's now 720.

What in the world could have given us a 100+ credit boost? We did purchase a used vehicle and currently paying on a car loan in September but I figured that would lower the credit not boost it. We also maxed our only CC that has a $500 CL with a $500 purchase but PIF a week later ( I wanted to see if doing this would get cap1's attention and boost our limit).

Any explanation? Not upset just curious. Would love to see it jump more!

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit score jumped up 100 points in one month?

That's a great increase! Did your husband previously have any baddies on his report?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 5
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Where are you getting your scores? Is it from MY FICO? If not then the score is a FAKO meaning it is proprietary and not that useful.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

First off, congrats!!!!   Sounds like something fell off his CR.  +1 on where did you get the score?   FAKO vs FICO.  But still feels good to see those scores go up!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Well nothing fell off that I know of. His report only had one baddie and that has yet to fall off but it is paid. I do recall the salesman that worked with us telling my husband that his Trans score was 675 in September. We later learned that it might have been an auto enhanced score ( even though this was our first time purchasing a vehicle ) since all we were seeing was 610. I'm so unsure of how scoring works! I know there are FAKO's and FICO's but they seem to range all over the place.

It may just be a FAKO scoring since I did not purchase from myFico. But even if it's not a genuine FICO, it's still a large jump and gives me some hope about the direction we're heading! Plus, very soon I will be using Walmart's Trans Fico score. That will give us a better idea of  things. No matter. I'll take it! (:

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.