Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score not rising??

tag
dpage
Contributor

Credit score not rising??

My FICO scores have been going up and and down by a point or two each month. I pay my bills on time each month. All I have is a credit card and an auto loan. I have been doing this for about 2 years. Why isn't my score going up?

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit score not rising??

How do you use the card? Do you use it and pay when statement hits? Do you pay in full or just make minimum payments? Do you carry a balance? What is the UTIL of the card? These are all different things that will have an impact on your scores.

You may also want to look into opening another CC or 2 to add to your mix of credit.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score not rising??

Hi dpage and welcome!

First of all, it really depends on what else is on your reports.  Do you have any baddies?  Do you have other accounts that are closed?

Your "mix" is a mix of installment and revolving - which you have.  Your CC is revolving and your auto loan is installment. 

As JM-AM states, you may want to open another account or two.  It depends on what else is on your account.  As I always point out (remember Charlie Brown's teacher "blah-blah-blah"), DH had a FICO of 800+ with only one open credit card and a mortgage.  However, he did not have a thin file as he had several closed accounts.

And, if you haven't had a chance, pull your FICO score from this site.  The score comes with a very helpful report.  It will tell you what is hurting/helping your credit; and has a simulator specific to your report that will help you know what actions will help your score improve the most.  Google myfico discount codes to save a few points. 

ETA:  Sorry, just reread your original post - it looks like you have pulled your FICO scores here - so the following makes more sense:

If you've already pulled your FICO score from this site, what are the factors listed under "helping your FICO score" and "hurting your FICO score?"

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.