cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit uitilization history of primary impact on new AU?

tag
myc1

Credit uitilization history of primary impact on new AU?

Hi everyone

I am new to building credit history and currently have one credit card (got it recently).

I want to ask,

1. If getting added as an AU on a 3 year old BoFA card will help boost my score?
  2. Does high credit utilization history of primary, prior to getting added as an AU, becomes part of AU's credit file? or Just the payment history gets reported?
  3. Does having high credit utilization in some months on any card, but then bringing it down to >10% impact the score long term?

1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit uitilization history of primary impact on new AU?

@myc1 wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new to building credit history and currently have one credit card (got it recently).

I want to ask,

1. If getting added as an AU on a 3 year old BoFA card will help boost my score?
  2. Does high credit utilization history of primary, prior to getting added as an AU, becomes part of AU's credit file? or Just the payment history gets reported?
  3. Does having high credit utilization in some months on any card, but then bringing it down to >10% impact the score long term?

1.  Yes it will probably boost your score a little, unless the account has negatives or high utilization.

2.  Utilization history is not a part of most FICO scoring.  The utilization from the day you are added to the account does count.

3.  No, utilization has no memory (in most scoring models).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.