Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP for AZEO and AU accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DP for AZEO and AU accounts

Sorry I’m late to the party OP, but if you just apped for two new cards and one of them reported, wouldn’t those inquiries and the ding to your AAoA have caused a drop in your score?

If not then I guess you took the no revolving credit penalty and the care credit does not count which then causes me to wonder if mine does, because if it does not, then the credit limit is useless towards utilization.
Message 11 of 24
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Good question, Birdman.  However, my score already took a 6 point ding from the inquiry and the new account a few days prior (the new Barclays Uber reported in less than 12 hours!).  My score was stable for several days until that AU account reported a $0 balance.  My score has been stable since that same day since the Discover account has yet to report and no other changes have reported.

It looks like the AU account was helping my score with an AZEO effect.  But it looks like Care Credit is NOT being treated like a normal bank card.  Rather strange how that works.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I am extremely surprised to hear that you suffered inquiry and new account ding on the same day and to hear that it reported in less than 12 hours, that’s insane!

I’m going to have to test my carecredit. Might I ask where EX stated it was a retail card?
Message 13 of 24
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

It didn't explicitly state the Care Credit is the retail card, but by process of elimination it looks like that is the card they are flagging as retail (all other cards are major bank issued and are true credit cards like Visa or Mastercard).

In the EX CreditWorks, go to "Reports & Scores", then "Credit Reports", and then "Summary".  That window shows a quick summary of accounts and aging.

fc.jpg

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes mine appears it may be counting carecredit as a retail card as well. Furthermore if you go into the accounts section and click on care credit it shows it as a revolving charge account as opposed to credit card. Weird.

I just discovered that my AU card that I was testing also says that and is a retail card so either way it may not count.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I think we have concluded you suffered the no revolving account balance penalty even though you were at AZEO with your carecredit account having a balance. We also noted that it is labeled as a retail card.

I have been performing an AU efficacy test myself: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AU-efficacy-test/m-p/5566440#M153581

My no revolving account balance penalty at EX was 14 points just like yours. (14 @TU, 13 @EQ). I confirmed it, now that a national bank card has reported. Plus, I just paid it off to reinflict the no revolving account balance penalty, so that I can next test my carecredit card as well.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP can you please tell me your EX2 scores at this time before and after?
Message 17 of 24
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

By EX2 you mean the Mortgage scores correct?

When my trial started on Mar 28, the EX2 was 733 (this was before the HP for a CC app).

Later in the day on Mar 28, I apped for Discover and they HP EX.

Also on Mar 28, I apped for Uber and they HP TU.

EX2 on Mar 29 dropped to 727 (the only difference was the HP showing on my EX).

My trial period expired on April 7 and the EX2 score stayed at 727 all that time, so no change (sounds weird!).

Was this what you were looking for, or is there something else that EX2 means?

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes EX2 is the mortgage score and that’s exactly what I’m talking about. I need to know what that was on the 1st before you suffered the no revolving balance penalty, and on the 2nd, when you received the no revolving balance penalty.

Can you please go back and pull your reports for the first and the second and tell me the EX2 mortgage scores for each day please?

It’s very weird that your carecredit did not count and caused the no revolving penalty on FICO 8. So, I’m trying to determine whether or not it counted on the old mortgage model. If it did, your score would’ve rose or stayed the same. If it did not, you would’ve suffered a drop, like you did on your FICO 8.
Message 19 of 24
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you please go back and pull your reports for the first and the second and tell me the EX2 mortgage scores for each day please?

The score was unchanged.  It was 727 on April 1 and April 2... all the way to the trial ended.  EX2 only changed after the HP was made on Mar 28 and it held firm at 727 from Mar 29 all the way to April 7.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.