cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I effect my credit score because of closing an account too early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I effect my credit score because of closing an account too early?

I applied for a Capital One CC a week ago and just received it in the mail. I didn't know at the time of signing up that it was a $39 annual fee sincei t was a Mastercard version.

I applied again for another Capital One CC which was a Visa that had no annual fee and I got apporved for that.

The Mastercard had a $500 credit limit and the Visa has a $1,000 credit limit.

I didn't even get to activate the Mastercard one today and cancelled it right when I go it. Did my credit score dip much due to this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did I effect my credit score because of closing an account too early?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Capital One CC a week ago and just received it in the mail. I didn't know at the time of signing up that it was a $39 annual fee sincei t was a Mastercard version.

I applied again for another Capital One CC which was a Visa that had no annual fee and I got apporved for that.

The Mastercard had a $500 credit limit and the Visa has a $1,000 credit limit.

I didn't even get to activate the Mastercard one today and cancelled it right when I go it. Did my credit score dip much due to this?

Welcome to the forums!

Not really no; if you don't activate the card I don't know that it'll even get reported honestly.  I wouldn't worry about it at this point, if it does report, it'll be counted as a new tradeline but realistically that's not a long-term problem.  Should be fine and congrats on your approval(s)!

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.