Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Did the Sallie "FIX" cause a new problem?*

tag
kbns625
Valued Member

*Did the Sallie "FIX" cause a new problem?*

Maybe I'm the only one who had this happen but as of today Sallie Mae is reporting a DUPLICATE tradeline only on my Equifax report (via TC). It is identical to my existing TL except it has a new account number. I am on Level payment plan and was NOT originally affected by previous problem. BUT now I have double the debt reporting...Is it just me?

presently CORRECTLY REPORTING ON ALL THREE
SALLIE MAE
58199100052****
Condition: Open Open Open
Balance: $24634 $24634 $24558
Type: Educational Educational Educational
Pay Status: Current Current Current

AND THIS NEW ONE only on EQUIFAX (started reprting today)
SALLIE MAE
Account No.: 1997702100052002****
Condition: Open
Balance: $24558
Type: Educational
Pay Status: Current

Now my installment debt looks like it is almost $50000!!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *Did the Sallie "FIX" cause a new problem?*

I had noticed that when Sallie Mae changed my status to delinquent as part of their error the account numbers on all my loans changed too.  But they didn't report the account more than once.  Perhaps they had another credit snafu trying to change account numbers?
Message 2 of 18
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Why am I not surprised?

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me as well.  First, they caused my credit to drop by 133 points.  Now they've 'fixed' their mistake and made it look like I have double the amount of debt. I've just had to fax a copy of my credit report to someone at Sallie Mae's Customer Advocacy Group so that they can look into the matter.  This just gets more ridiculous by the minute. 

Message Edited by wm94 on 05-15-2008 11:19 AM
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed the same on my report. Now I have two different accounts (different account numbers) and both the same balance. I am lucky that I closed on my house last month before all this mess.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just broke down and bought a scorewatch report.  All 3 accounts are reporting twice!  Which is making my score 13 points less then it was before this mess. 

I am so lucky my underwriter said he would not be pulling another report before my closing because based on this most recent error it looks like my monthly payments are $1000, not $500!

NOW what to do?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a reporter working on a blog post relating to this latest Fannie Mae error. Would any of the forum posters be interested in discussing their personal situation with me?

Thanks in advance.
Message 7 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

We've passed this (the double reporting) on to the admins, and they're checking on it too.

I would have been deeply surprised if the fix were perfect straight out from the gate. That just doesn't happen. Hang in there, and make sure that you have a copy of how your reports used to look, and be politely persistent until they get things back to where they're supposed to be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update haulingthescoreup.

I was planning on waiting it out for a few days to see if we get any sort of response.

On a sort of related note, did anybody get an email survey from Sallie Mae Customer Service? I almost died of laughter.
Message 9 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OMG, did they really???? Talk about bad timing... Smiley Very Happy

Yes, honey, ask me for my feedback!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.