Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirty TU score finally +4 after almost 1 year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dirty TU score finally +4 after almost 1 year

My TU FICO 08 score stalled out at 764 in October 2016 and hasn't moved since.  I have a 4.4 year old major delinquency (120 day late) on one account and I more or less assumed that 764 was a ceiling for me since I'm dirty on TU.  

To my surprise upon a CCT 3 score pull yesterday, my TU score has gone up to 768.  I'm not sure if there are any others out there with a major delinquency with a higher score; I know when I was at 764 most people I talked to weren't able to get even that high.  Anyway, just thought I'd share this new data point so that those with a major are aware that the ceiling may in fact be higher than originally thought. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dirty TU score finally +4 after almost 1 year

I guess my indirect question here is what is the highest FICO 08 score anyone has ever had with the presence of a major delinquency/derog?  Have we seen > 768?

Message 2 of 4
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

First off very impressive BBS and to anyone else with scores past 750 with baddies still present. I am doing everything I can to get my TU&EQ which currently sport student loan dirties until at least 2020 up near 750 until they drop. I would be satisfied with that. My biggest nemesis in the mean time is just that " time" 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you.  The reason I pose the question is that with my major being 4.4 years old, clearly it will still be present another 2 to 2.5 years, so in theory a few more points I would think could be gained from it aging.  Who knows, though, as maybe my score ticking up a few points has nothing to do with the major aging and has to do with other things like AAoA growth, inquiries aging, etc.  Regardless, I'd like to know what the max is with someone that has a major that's say 6+ years old that has no scoreable inquiries, no new accounts in the last year, AAoA of 7+ years, single-digit aggregate utilization, etc.  I'm confident I'll be able to provide a data point on that eventually, but it's still 2 to 2.5 years away Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.