cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ Sbx Got Me +3 On Experian Booooost!!!

tag
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Disney+ Sbx Got Me +3 On Experian Booooost!!!

Don't judge me, I'm watching The Book Of Boba Fett on Disney+.

Exp Boost Dis Plus 2022-03-11.png

10 REPLIES 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Disney+ Sbx Got Me +3 On Experian Booooost!!!

@LP007 wrote:

Don't judge me, I'm watching The Book Of Boba Fett on Disney+.

Exp Boost Dis Plus 2022-03-11.png

3 points in exchange for allowing Experian to data mine your bank account.....

Well if you are happy, I am not going to judge. 

Message 2 of 11
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Mining? Smiley Mad Am I a mark? Smiley Embarassed Please expound. Do you have YouTube links?

Message 3 of 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@LP007 wrote:

Mining? Smiley Mad Am I a mark? Smiley Embarassed Please expound. Do you have YouTube links?

Experian Boost requires you to let them have access to your bank, correct? Do you really think they are not using that information for other purposes? Selling data, especially related to consumer shopping/spending is a big money industry. 

Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@LP007 wrote:

You gave them access to your checking. They duly noted deposits.

EX has service that provides income verification, service that provides "recommendations", service for address/employer locations, etc.

Good news, there isn't a lender that I know of which will pull "boost" version, so no one will find out about score increase 

Bad news, you handed them your life on a platter over something no one but you will see.  

Message 5 of 11
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

Experian Boost requires you to let them have access to your bank, correct? Do you really think they are not using that information for other purposes? Selling data, especially related to consumer shopping/spending is a big money industry. 

DOH! Dagblasted, it's a racket! 

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

Time to reassess.

Message 6 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

EX has service that provides income verification, service that provides "recommendations", service for address/employer locations, etc.

Good news, there isn't a lender that I know of which will pull "boost" version, so no one will find out about score increase 

Bad news, you handed them your life on a platter over something no one but you will see.  

Yep. I tried it a few years ago just to see if/how it worked. Wasn't impressed because I knew what they were doing, but moreso because payments for recurring charges weren't updating after the month I started. After about 4 months of that, I turned it off.

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
1/1/23 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $131,800

Message 7 of 11
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

@LP007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

Smiley Embarassed

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over this. Turn it off and you still have a 789 score. I would have run naked through the streets for a 789 in 2006-2020.

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
1/1/23 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $131,800

Message 9 of 11
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@MasonK wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

Smiley Embarassed

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over this. Turn it off and you still have a 789 score. I would have run naked through the streets for a 789 in 2006-2020.

Robot LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOLMan LOLCat LOL

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.