Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Dell: $0 Balance

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Disputed Dell: $0 Balance

I disputed a Dell Financial account I saw on my credit reports and have recently noticed a $0 balance.

Under "remarks" on my TrueCredit notes it says Lost or stolen card.  Of course I'm relieved about the $0 balance, but what does this mean for me?

Message Edited by Drew on 05-06-2007 04:51 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Dell: $0 Balance

As long as it says lost or stolen card it will just report as a closed account.  You beat that one with a stick if you had the negative reporting removed as wel.
Message 2 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you lucked out as the lost\stolen notation does not hurt you.
Message 3 of 8
Drew
Frequent Contributor

The only problem is that EQ is the only bureau that shows that.  It's been about a week since then.

Should I wait to see what happens to the other reports?  Or are there any other suggestions?

Message Edited by Drew on 05-06-2007 09:35 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already disputed the others the only thing you can do is wait for a response.  If you haven't you need to dispute them individually.
Message 5 of 8
Drew
Frequent Contributor

The accounts were already disputed a long time ago, more then 45 days.

So, I'm a bit confused about where I should go from here.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drew wrote:
The accounts were already disputed a long time ago, more then 45 days.

So, I'm a bit confused about where I should go from here.

Coupla questions was the account actually in good standing or were you disputing to see if you could get a valid negative removed.  I only ask because you can always dispute again but the problem may be that this time they will verify the negative info with all three.  I had that happene disputing a student loan that I thought was deferred.  Instead of correcting it on the one report. Dept of ED updated all three with the negative info although it was only reporting negative on one to begin with so be careful.

Message 7 of 8
Drew
Frequent Contributor

I was trying to get a negative removed, but either way I want this account to be resolved.

If I can get the delete on the other two, than great, but I need to know where I go from here.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.