cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed and got ALL my collections amounts deleted BUT my credit score HAS NOT CHANGED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed and got ALL my collections amounts deleted BUT my credit score HAS NOT CHANGED!

I disputed with Experian electronically 3 collection amounts and got them deleted but my score has not changed one bit. I thought it took a few weeks to update but it's been a month and nothing Smiley Sad((  I currently have NO collections on my account.  There is just one charge off from BOA from 6 years ago, that's it. I have not applied for any credit cards or loans whatsoever.

Can I ask Experian to recalculate or find out why my score didn't change after I got rid of all fraudulant collection marks on my report?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed and got ALL my collections amounts deleted BUT my credit score HAS NOT CHANGED!

If you have a CO still on your CR, that's keeping you in a dirty scorecard.  A CO is a major negative item.  Whether you have 1 major negative or multiples, your score is being held back significantly.  It's not uncommon to have multiple collections removed and see no score gain at all if you still have a major negative present on your CR.  Once that final negative is gone, you'll probably see a score gain to the tune of 60-80 points.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed and got ALL my collections amounts deleted BUT my credit score HAS NOT CHANGED!

Since it will be a year or so before that CO comes off you should probably start rebuilding now. Don’t cold app for anything. Try the prequalificaiton links for banks like Discover or Capitial One. If you do not prequalify for anything start with some secured cards. Bank of America, Citi, Discover all have good secured cards.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! So what can I do to help the situation with the charge off? Is there anything? Or just wait it out for the 7 years?

I have applied for one secure credit card and hoping to use it 30% however I'm worried if the CO is still there how much my score can really go up? Anything else I can do ?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Head over to the rebuilding forum and study up on COs. You may be able to arrange a pay for delete agreement.

In addition to that, you could look into the SSLT ( share secure loan Technique) to raise your score if you don’t have any open loans.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.