cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have anything to lose/gain by requesting Amex to report my AU status?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have anything to lose/gain by requesting Amex to report my AU status?

Was just approved for AU, card in 7-10 days. I've heard they report on the 30th, anything to my parents calling and asking / reminding them to report me along with them? Will it make a difference? Hurt? Help?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have anything to lose/gain by requesting Amex to report my AU status?

nyccc2 wrote:
Was just approved for AU, card in 7-10 days. I've heard they report on the 30th, anything to my parents calling and asking / reminding them to report me along with them? Will it make a difference? Hurt? Help?

Thanks!

You most likely will not have to request it.  They will report for you anyway, but it could take up to 30-60 days.

Keep in mind that the FICO effect will only be temporary.  As soon as FICO08 goes into effect, your AU-ship will be ignored by FICO.

Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Amex told me it can take up to 6 months for all 3 CRAs to get up to date - I am still waiting for EX to get my new Amex on
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

You most likely will not have to request it. They will report for you anyway, but it could take up to 30-60 days.
Keep in mind that the FICO effect will only be temporary. As soon as FICO08 goes into effect, your AU-ship will be ignored by FICO.

It'll never happen. Quote me on that. The worst that will happen is 3rd party or creditor software that will re-adjust scores to account for AUs.
Message 4 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

nyccc2 wrote:

It'll never happen. Quote me on that. The worst that will happen is 3rd party or creditor software that will re-adjust scores to account for AUs.

Do you have insider info or are you guessing?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

nyccc2 wrote:

I tend to agree with you, but until that is official, I'm operating under the assumption that it will.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.