Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Ever Believe......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Not Ever Believe......

Based on a similar profile that your wife has, it looks like you'll see more like 70-90 points when your final baddie falls off, not just 50.  I think 70-90 is a pretty sound estimate actually.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit late but to add my two pennies to the pile, I too had never heard anyone say older but still reported derogs don't/hurt less except in this post to contradict the idea. I do feel like the wording on some sites/lender provided fico breakdowns have something similar to "these have a lessened impact over time" but I might be confusing that with the usual score impact boilerplate on HP's.
Message 22 of 25
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on a similar profile that your wife has, it looks like you'll see more like 70-90 points when your final baddie falls off, not just 50.  I think 70-90 is a pretty sound estimate actually.

I am looking forward to finding out!  I am trying to not get my hopes up, however with all else being basically the same, I am hoping to be up in her range.  Thanks again.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW (if anything?), I've always heard it preached time and again the last three years of your credit behavior count more than anything else to potential creditors.  It's always worded pretty much that way, as if from a 30,000 ft airplane view.  Not sure how accurate that is but I'm sure it has at least some merit?

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

More recent is always going to be more meaningful than older data.  Any lender doing a manual review is going to value the last 6-12 months extremely high, then the year after that, the year after that, etc.  You could make the above statement for any period of time really.  Something from 3-7 years ago (like a lone baddie) is going to matter much less than the same severity baddie that's 0-3 years old, sure. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.