cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do negative balances (util) get reported as such or simply "$0"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do negative balances (util) get reported as such or simply "$0"?

@AnonymousI just had a $299 negative balance report while attempting the AZEO method again & gained 8 points from my youngest account passing the year mark & a HP falling off.

The -$299 reported as $0 & only the $20 I let report on another card showed.

While you may have had a -$299 balance, it didn't "report" as negative balances do not get reported.  You later stated that it reported as $0, so in terms of language I think it's important to reiterate here that negative balances don't report as negative.

8 points gained from AoYA hitting 12 months and an inquiry falling off is on the very low end.  Most report a gain in the 15-20 point range for this.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. I guess I should say that my negative balance was reported as $0. This has happened before. FiCO always sees them as $0. It seems to have no effect on my score, either.

As for the 8 point jump, it may be splitting the two events across 2 months. The simulator showed a bump due for this month & a bigger one for next month.

I'm feeling kinda smug about being able to predict when my score will move & then seeing it when I test for it on the simulator. 100% attributable to my lurking here at this forum while at work.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you are aware, simulators are highly unreliable and in most cases should be ignored.  Never count on anything they tell you, as it often won't happen.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.