Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does MPM give fico scores?

@jdxprs1 wrote:

they are very similar to fico.

This varies by consumer. For some, they're very close. For others, they're completely different, often by 50 points or more.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, they've been as close as 10 points and as far apart as 120 points when pulled on the same day as FICO and comparing the same CRA. They also factor in inquiries all 2 years. CAs factor into your length of history. Your AAoA factors in any OCs/CAs that are listed as "open" and excludes any closed accounts. And I could be wrong here, but I think it excludes AUs, like with PLUS or Vantage. Don't quote me there, but I thought I saw that posted by others. CK uses the TransRisk format in their score and you can get an idea of what it looks for and what it doesn't look for. I also think the range is a bit off at 350-850 vs. FICO's 300-850.

Message 5 of 8
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

What is MPM?

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@geronimo2008 wrote:

What is MPM?

Myprivacymatters I believe, and since changed to Privacy Matters or Privacy Matters 123 based on who's marketing the product.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@jdxprs1 wrote:

they are very similar to fico.

This varies by consumer. For some, they're very close. For others, they're completely different, often by 50 points or more.

+1.  I pull mine and DH's from here and MPM - there's no correlation as far as when scores change or which is highest or the range - at least for the two of us.  I ignore their scores and absolutely ignore MPM's advice.  It's crazy.  Stick with FICO scores - and most importantly stick with FICO advice.  Plus, just saying, MPM is something of a pain to pull.  I say relax,  pull your reports and scores every several months and space them out.  You'll get the real thing and save cash.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.