Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'No Payment Activity' hurt your score

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Does 'No Payment Activity' hurt your score

Hi,

I had a couple of late payments removed off my EQ, submitted documentation to them, and rather than just removing them and leaving all the on time payments; they updated the payment history to 'no data reporting'. The overall account is Pay as Agreed its just the payment history that was changed.

Does the fact that they removed all the 'on time payments; green marks' and replaced with No history reporting hinder my score on any way?

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Does 'No Payment Activity' hurt your score

I wouldnt think so - but either way, i would rather have no info on an account, than a late payment

i have to think your score will improve due to the lates being removed

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

I had a couple of late payments removed off my EQ, submitted documentation to them, and rather than just removing them and leaving all the on time payments; they updated the payment history to 'no data reporting'. The overall account is Pay as Agreed its just the payment history that was changed.

Does the fact that they removed all the 'on time payments; green marks' and replaced with No history reporting hinder my score on any way?

Thanks for the help.

Agreed with the above.

My understanding is that the scoring  algorithm looks for negative information.

No data reporting should be as good as a green mark.

Message 3 of 4
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thank You.

That's what I thought but wanted to get confirmation.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.