cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this make sense? +26 pts Equifax for remark change?

tag
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Does this make sense? +26 pts Equifax for remark change?

My student loans went from stating: "student loan, paying partial agreement" to just stating "student loan" and Equifax went up 26 points. The only other changes were small balance changes ($11, $26, $42) that didn't drop me into another utilization threshold or anything....

Anyway, just curious. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does this make sense? +26 pts Equifax for remark change?

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

My student loans went from stating: "student loan, paying partial agreement" to just stating "student loan" and Equifax went up 26 points. The only other changes were small balance changes ($11, $26, $42) that didn't drop me into another utilization threshold or anything....

Anyway, just curious. 

Possible, some remarks do count it seems... and paying less than agreed or settling is a FICO negative.

Interesting find though!

        
Message 2 of 12
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I never knew it was a FICO negative! 

Message 3 of 12
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

"Paying under partial agreement" when it appears in the comment section of any credit account is considered a serious derogatory.It'simply means you have not paid as agreed.When it was changed to a comment of "student loan" this does not effect your Fico score.

Message 4 of 12
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

it stated "paying partial payment agreement", not "paying under partial agreement" and it hasn't reported negatively on my report in the last five years it's been like that, though. 

Message 5 of 12
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

It's just my typo its "paying partial payment agreement" yes it just appears to be an account that is not paid as agreed.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is news to me.  I was always under the impression that remarks/comments were not score-impacting ingredients.

Message 7 of 12
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Is it possible that you hit some threshhold, like AoYA or AAoA ticked up into a new tier? I would be surprised if comments are scored. Though comments can be held against you by humans looking at your report.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 8 of 12
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@CreditJourney007 @BrutalBodyShots,

I didn't think comments counted either but oh they indeed do count.

Last week on Transunion I had them remove 'Account in Dispute, complies with FCRA' comments in two accounts and my score went down immediately by 62 pts. Evidently the comments there before were still there, ie collections and clearly that is what cause the score decrease. I had them put the comments back and voila, 62 points came back!! SMH

#mindbloggling 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

But are the account comments changing the dispute status of the accounts, or otherwise causing the accounts to be "counted" verses "not counted" by the algorithm?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.