cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this sound like a FICO score or FAKO?

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Does this sound like a FICO score or FAKO?

I got this after applying for Bill Me Later. This was part of the acceptance letter.

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 685-1111

We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score: 637
Date: 05/17/2013
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does this sound like a FICO score or FAKO?

It looks like a FICO based on the range. In the past they used their own scores for approval and this gave me pause.

Message 2 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I got this after applying for Bill Me Later. This was part of the acceptance letter.

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 685-1111

We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score: 637
Date: 05/17/2013
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850

According to the "credit pulls database" of the site of which we may not speak, Bill Me Later pulls nearly exclusively from EQ.  So the probability is great that it's a FICO score. 

EDIT:  Also checked www.whogavemecredit.com and looks like the majority pull there was also EQ. 

Message 3 of 6
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Is there more than one Equifax FICO, such as different versions? I pulled my EQ FICO on this site a couple of weeks ago and it was what's listed in my signature. So either there has been a big jump, which I doubt, or this is a different version.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

Is there more than one Equifax FICO, such as different versions? I pulled my EQ FICO on this site a couple of weeks ago and it was what's listed in my signature. So either there has been a big jump, which I doubt, or this is a different version.

Yes.  There's a Beacon 5.0 version that's available here, and a Beacon 9.0 that's available through some lenders.  Both are EQ.  And there can be a significant difference between the 2.  A 9.0 version gave me a score over 800 whereas the 5.0 version is not as generous, with score in the 760s range. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.