Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate hard inquiries on TU report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate hard inquiries on TU report?

According to Credit Karma, I have two hard inquiries on my credit report. One from Discover, and one from Goldman Sachs from when I got the Apple Card. My credit file is thin (just turned 18 last month), but I requested a mail copy of my credit report from TU out of curiosity. I was surprised to see that both Discover and Goldman Sachs show two hard inquiries on the report. GS is listed on the same day, but the Discover inquiries are listed a day apart. So, what's the deal here? Do I have two inquiries as I thought, or do I actually have four?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Duplicate hard inquiries on TU report?

When did you apply for a Discover card? Kinda confusing. Are you saying that each bank pulled your reports twice on TU? With thin files. They may have pulled twice. Once when you applied. And with a thin file. The UW's pulled it again. That might be the case. You can always call and ask. There have been reports of duplicate HP's that happened by accident and the bank removed one of them.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate hard inquiries on TU report?

Should've been once each, and inquiry points are high on thin files. Ask them to recode 1 each as SPs
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.