Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ 04 and 08 Difference possibility...

tag
fungoman
Regular Contributor

EQ 04 and 08 Difference possibility...

I have same day pulls of EQ 04 from Equifax's website and myfico EQ 08. I have been trying to figure out why my difference has been so large (relatively speaking), and I think I have figured out why. My EQ 04 is 771 and my EQ 08 is 798 for a 27 point difference. Could this difference be 100% entirely because of my one AU account of my wifes? EQ 08 is supposed to not allow "piggybacking", but I didnt think my Wife carrying me as an AU user would be considered this. I also didnt think this was the culprit because my utilization is virtually identical with or without my wife's account being included. But now that I think it is the culprit, it makes some sense. Here are the details:

Revolving Accounts with Balance with AU counting (EQ 04): 3 accounts at 8% 4441 of 59150

Revolving Accounts with Balance without AU counting (EQ 08): 2 accounts at 8% 2470 of 29150

My wifes account that I am an AU on is 1971 over 30000. The key here is that my wifes account is brand new as of January 2014. So one recently new account (affecting AAoA on EQ 04 and not EQ08) and one extra account reporting a balance at the same UTIL (3 instead of 2) is worth 27 points between the two reports. My AAoA on both is in the 4 year range (my guess is high 4s for EQ 08 and low 4s for EQ04 if my theory is correct).

Does this sound reasonable? I am using this for illustrative purposes to show one minor aspect of your report could potentially show a big difference. Imagine if my own account limits were smaller, my credit history shorter with fewer accounts, and my one AU account was reporting at 40% utilitzation. I could easily see a 50pt+ difference by one AU account. Any thoughts/comments?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pumpkin1dog

Re: EQ 04 and 08 Difference possibility...

my point difference is exactly 100, ths one shown here qualifies me for a mortgage, the real one does not..

Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@pumpkin1dog wrote:

my point difference is exactly 100, ths one shown here qualifies me for a mortgage, the real one does not..

As previously stated on replies to your other posts, the EQ score provided here, is EQ08; mtg lenders pull EQ04.

Message 3 of 4
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@pumpkin1dog wrote:

That, of couse, is a huge swing between FICO 04 and FICO 08.  I've also seen large differences, as big as 80 points at one time. Since your situation is pretty unusual you could help people understand the data point if you would please also provide some additional info that people can correlate to their experiences and others.

Please only provide the first significant digit on balances for privacy purposes.

1. Oldest account age.

2. Average age of accounts.

3 Utilization

4 Numbers and types of accounts

5. At the time of the two pulls, the number of revolvers reporting zero and non-zero balances

6. AUs and balances, age of them

6. derogatories and their age.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.