cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 11 of 15
BetterTomorrow
New Contributor

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

I'm not sure if we should spend money on Fico scores anymore.  My Fico scores that I bought told me it's all above 690. 

Now, American Express has lowered my previous $7000 credit limit to $1000 telling me my Fico score was 576? 

I'm really disappointed in all this nonsense.

All this monthly monitoring systems and score watches are a waste of money. 

If you want a true score, get it from the lender and no one else. 

In the end, that's all that matters and not the score from MyFico.com or anywhere else. 

4/22/08
TU 673 EQ 631 EX 689

7/1/12
TU 705 EQ 717 EX 718
Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

@BetterTomorrow wrote:

I'm not sure if we should spend money on Fico scores anymore.  My Fico scores that I bought told me it's all above 690. 

Now, American Express has lowered my previous $7000 credit limit to $1000 telling me my Fico score was 576? 

I'm really disappointed in all this nonsense.

All this monthly monitoring systems and score watches are a waste of money. 

If you want a true score, get it from the lender and no one else. 

In the end, that's all that matters and not the score from MyFico.com or anywhere else. 

Are you certain Amex pulled EQ or TU? They usually pull EX.

Message 13 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Does anybody pull Transunion? is there a list somewhere of what lender pulls what, they all say they pull all 3 but that's bull**bleep**!!!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

check out sites like whogavemecredit.com or google "credit pull database".

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.