cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

Hey guys,

I've been rebuilding my credit for the past two years, and have been paying $14.99 for EQ score subscription (from equifax.com) & recently started the subscription at EX (experian.com).   Well,  after doing some research and getting advice/tips from the forum here, i came to realize that those scores are FAKO? and that those scores don't really count or matter vs. to getting the scores from here.  I don't want to pay like $50+ every month to monitor my scores from all three (EQ/EX/FICO), so it is wise for me to cancel my membership from EQ/EX? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

Most of the services through Equifax.com offer FAKO scores, however there are a couple of services that do offer an EQ FICO only. IIRC, these are the Equifax-version of ScoreWatch and the 3-in-1 w/ 4 EQ FICO scores products. Others like Credit Complete, DebtWise, and a couple of others offer scores but they are FAKOs.

There are no FICO scores available on Experian.com. 

IMO, use these other CMSs to monitor your credit reports vs. scores.

You're limited on the places to get your FICO score.

You can only buy your EQ FICO from myFICO, your lender, or from Equifax.com (buyer beware: the scores they push are a FAKO, but your EQ FICO can be purchased through EQ).

You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender.

Finally, you can only buy your EX FICO from your lender. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your own EX FICO (however, stay tuned...it might be available on myFICO once again).

Aside from the above, you can also get your FICO scores for free or at a reduced price. Banks and CUs will offer it as a benefit. M&T Bank, Unitus Community Credit Union, and Digital Credit Union each offer an EQ FICO. You can get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart or Merrick Bank if you have CCs with them. And you can get your EX FICO from PA State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) if you have a checking account with them. There are other CUs out there that will offer a FICO if you ask them as part of a benefit for being a member.

Message 2 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

Wow, thank you for the info!  Learned something new again today~

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I have another question how come MyFICO EQ FICO score is different from other EQ FICO SCORE?

e.g. 

Equifax (FICO) - 521 - Discover - 4/22/2013, pulled from Discover is different from the score I have on here (myFICO) which is 652

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 4 of 15
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

It's possible discover used a different version of EQ. Here they use, if I'm not mistaken, Beacon 5.0...discover may be using a newer version.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 5 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

It's seriously so confusing, everybody uses something different and the scores are off by so much.

Message 6 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am very certain that Discover uses a Bankcard enhanced FICO score.  Do they provide a score range?

Message 7 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to get the Bankcard enhanced FICO score without a hardpull from Discover?

Message 8 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

ok, how many different scoring models are their of EXPERIAN FICO SCORES? The BMW one that was pulled last year seems different from the one pulled recently from American Express

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.