cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ FICO 8 irregularity

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ FICO 8 irregularity

How many cards are bank cards and how many are retail? How many balances on each type?
Message 11 of 21
Valued Contributor

Macy’s PLCC retail
Chase
Macy’s AMEX

1 retail 2 bankcards. Under 1% utilization. Total balances under $200. Thats the order they posted in. When the Macy’s AmEx posted a less than $50 balance, I lost points, so it appears.

Luckily an off cycle update has occurred to 0. We’re in the interstitial period. So once the balance clears will see if the points return.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 12 of 21
Valued Contributor

Also on EQ, but not EX:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/TU-FICO-08-irregularly/td-p/5641650

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 13 of 21
Valued Contributor

Well, MF update! AmEx updated to 0 and I got my 4 points back!

So 2/15>3/15 revolvers = -4 13%>20%
And 3/15>2/15 revolvers =+4 20%>13%

Alternatively 3/16>4/16 accounts =-4 18.75%>25%
And 4/16>3/16 accounts =+4 25%>18.75%.

Remember no reason code shift when it went there. I have a 1B before and after the first change. So, caused by CC? Accounts? % or #? Thoughts? I expect to receive a similar update from TU and points back there, but no loan there. And EX was nonresponsive to these changes, speaking only of classic 8, of course.

Message 14 of 21
Moderator Emeritus

Historical FICO 8 testing for me was always on revolvers.  I mean always, no matter how many I had or how many installment lines open at the time.

What's a little strange, and admittedly I was in a derogatory scorecard was I always got the line at 1/3 of revolvers reporting a balance; every single time I tested it from 7 open revolvers to 9 open revolvers to substantially more now.  Also Yes-Its-Me who's analysis I trust more than most also saw identical results on a clean file, though I think she might've been on a young credit scorecard at the time.

So there may be some scorecard dependence, which to be fair wouldn't exactly surprise me for things like accounts with balances (or revolvers) or even inquiries TBH; we get segmented into different tranches for a reason, presumably because different initial conditions produce different results based on similar inputs.

My theory anyway from a data analysis perspective, TT or Cassie might be able to explain that better I only have a passing knowledge of statistics and probability... I wasn't really studying enough at the time but upper-division Probability in the Math department at UCI was really the only class, ever, which I felt utterly befuddled in.  Admittedly I withdrew before the drop deadline that quarter and I may never know if I could've wrapped my brain around that or not, I doubt I'll ever chase a Math degree again TBH.

        
Message 15 of 21
Valued Contributor

I only took one stat course, and I've forgotten most of it.

I keep trying to move the percentages out a little, but I can't get it done, can you help? Trying to make it easy to read.
So you think it's just revolvers on mine? has to be if I get TU points back, no loan there.

Message 16 of 21
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Birdman7.....so EQ5 has an 818 maximum, and TU4 has an 839 maximum...why such weird maximums rather than 850, or 900? I have never heard that before. I thought almost every scoring model had either 850 or 900 as the maximum, but I admittedly have never really focused on the lesser used scores either.

I heard it explained to me once upon a time from someone who was (allegedly) working on some of the very early algorithms that some of the top scoring items were mutually exclusive.  I don't put a lot of credence on this but it's worthy of rumor mentioning at least.

The algorithms have a full score range of 850 for Classic scores or 900 for industry options; however, many of the scores prior to FICO 8 had a real world max of less than 850; we documented the ranges that we knew in Jello's old excellent post on FICO versions.  Not certain I'd call the mortgage trifecta lesser used to be fair, but in virtually every mortgage score disclosure they put the real world min / max for the given score, and it's not 850.

This was a complaint so in FICO 8/9 they extended it to the full listed range to remove the confusion.

Thanks to you and Birdman, my learning something new every week is now covered...I had no idea any scores had these strange maximums. I agree also that lesser used is not really descriptive of the fico scores used for mortgages. Earlier versions is a better fit, as these scores can be a lot more vitally important if seeking a mortgage loan. In my case, I do not expect to ever have another mortgage, so I do not reaaly see as much need to monitor them. A wealth of knowledge here even if it does at times cause me to ask questions that demonstrate my ignorance of some of the credit info. Ignorance in this case is not an ugly word, and is descriptive of a lack of knowledge in a given subject matter...everyone is ignorant about some subject matters. I would not ever use it when referring to anybody else though because the word has been mis-used as an insult far too much. It is a shame though, because no other word really is as descriptive if used to explain why I can't do brain surgery or tell others how to do it.

TU fico08=823 09/28/19
EX fico08=813 10/16/19
EQ fico08=823 10/04/19
EX fico09=810 10/02/19
EQ fico bankcard08=844 09/24/19
Message 17 of 21
Valued Contributor

MF members I need your help. I need someone with a clean/aged/thick scorecard with a new account under one year old.

Since we don’t know where the lines are I’m gonna ask that you’re AooA be over 15 years. Again we don’t know where the line is for thick so I’m gonna ask you have at least 10 accounts open or closed. And you should have had at least one loan open or closed.

I need you to go from two credit cards with a balance to three credit cards with a balance and then back to two credit cards with a balance and report back if you have the score changes. I will need to know how many credit card you have. Hopefully if we have several people step up and contribute we can determine if this is number-based or percentage based.

Last you must have MF service.

Thank you in advance.

Message 18 of 21
Valued Contributor

I reran this test without a retail card and had the same results.

Message 19 of 21
Moderator Emeritus

@Birdman7let's get it together! You started this huge project Smiley Frustrated

If you crack the Fico code ... may have a job with them Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.