Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Fico Dropped

tag
cnnlov
Valued Member

EQ Fico Dropped

So my EQ Fico dropped by 16 points Smiley Sad Score Watch update says that the score charged and one CC balance deceased.

Will CC balance decreases cause that much of a drop? I'm lost I thought I had a clue , but obviously I don't.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ Fico Dropped

Are you certain it said there was a CC decrease? SW doesn't alert you to balance decreases, but will display your new balance if a status or comment changed (e.g. dispute comment, added late, etc.). Any drop wouldn't necessarily be due to the decrease, but due to the change in the TL.

Message 2 of 6
cnnlov
Valued Member

llecs this is the e-mail I received from EQ

This e-mail is to notify you that the following changes have occurred on your credit file:

• a credit score change
  • an account balance decreased by a specified percentage

To view the details of this notification, please click on the link below to log in.

To update your alert preferences, please click on Edit Alert Preferences on the Alerts tab in the Member Center.

As always, thank you for your business.

Your Equifax Customer Care Team.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Have you clicked into the alert yet? It will show a table-like chart and should show you some sort of change other than the balance.

Message 4 of 6
cnnlov
Valued Member

Yes... I think this may have happened because my UTL went for 39% to 26% and I opened a VS Angel card (via SP) last moth, although it doesn't look like it is reporting yet and I can't get the details from SW I think their system is down.

So for now i'll just have to do some more investigating and wait it out.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you clicked it now the reasons behind the alert will be plain. If it cited a balance decrease with a score drop, and if the drop was directly linked to that change, then I'd suspect an account changed w/ an added baddie within that TL or status change, an added dispute comment, or it's possible for score drop when a closed account reports $0. But definitely look because the alert wasn't for the balance drop alone; something within that TL changed.

SW alerts also don't provide a clear picture on why the score changed. It provides a net score change. There could be other factors or other changes that resulted in the lost points. Don't assume that X change caused Y points when using SW.

Finally, SW will alert you to the new TL, though that alert you recieved has nothing to do with that (because of the mentioned balance decrease).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.