cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Score Fico 8 Vs Direct Pull from EQ Website

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

EQ Score Fico 8 Vs Direct Pull from EQ Website

All --

My EQ Fico 8 Score is currently sitting on 676. This score is pulled from MyFico.  Last night i was working with CRAs and decided to do a direct pull from EQ. Paid a one time $15.XX and pulled the report. To my Surprise and dissapointment, the score is Showing 654. 

That is a 22 Point Difference right there. I'm confused as how can MyFico Fico 8 EQ Score could be so high Vs what i pulled directly from EQ. Do you think, this could be a timing issue ? ( MyFico EQ Score was updated a week ago ).

Any insight into this will be of great help.

11/10/2018 EX :540 TU : 525 EQ : 535
10/20/19 EX :671 TU: 665 EQ: 671
11/7/19 EX: 676 TU: 673 EQ: 676
Together we can come out of this mess.
4 REPLIES 4
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ Score Fico 8 Vs Direct Pull from EQ Website

Equifax uses a proprietary scoring model and is not a FICO 8 score. You can pretty much ignore it.

https://help.equifax.com/s/article/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Equifax-Credit-Score-and-the-F...
Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting Scores:
EX 518
EQ 518
TU 521

Current FICO scores:
EX 576
EQ 567
TU 575
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Contributor

@Chestnut1 wrote:

All --

My EQ Fico 8 Score is currently sitting on 676. This score is pulled from MyFico.  Last night i was working with CRAs and decided to do a direct pull from EQ. Paid a one time $15.XX and pulled the report. To my Surprise and dissapointment, the score is Showing 654. 

That is a 22 Point Difference right there. I'm confused as how can MyFico Fico 8 EQ Score could be so high Vs what i pulled directly from EQ. Do you think, this could be a timing issue ? ( MyFico EQ Score was updated a week ago ).

Have you compared the report that you get from myfico vs eq? It could just be how equifax calculate the score vs myfico, though there couldve been more info that couldve been reported or updated that impacted your score. It could also be that it wasnt a fico score but a fako score that was provided to you. You may want to double check on that.

Message 3 of 5
Established Member

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Equifax uses a proprietary scoring model and is not a FICO 8 score. You can pretty much ignore it.

https://help.equifax.com/s/article/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Equifax-Credit-Score-and-the-F...

Thank you. Ignoring it for now. but won't take my eye off yet. 

Message 4 of 5
Established Member

@silver_idle wrote:

@Chestnut1 wrote:

All --

Have you compared the report that you get from myfico vs eq? It could just be how equifax calculate the score vs myfico, though there couldve been more info that couldve been reported or updated that impacted your score. It could also be that it wasnt a fico score but a fako score that was provided to you. You may want to double check on that.

I did. My file has pretty much straight forward 2 baddie accounts on it. Did Item to Item comparison and yet could'nt come up with a proper reasoning though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.