cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ won't remove items deemed "non-reportable" by creditor...

tag
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

EQ won't remove items deemed "non-reportable" by creditor...

Hello,

I have a baddie on my report for a $520 collection (wife's medical expenses) which was paid in full to the collection agency Merchants and Professionals. 

The collection agency even sent me a letter stating this debt is: "[the debt] has been paid in full. This account is an unreportable item & in the process of being deleted from the credit file." 

While EX and TU quickly removed this, EQUIFAX has investigated and still just says "we have verified that item has been paid..." This is after I have disputed it and FAXed the letter from the collection agency to them TWICE, and they seem to be playing dumb.

Now that the creditor has stated it is NON-REPORTABLE and EQ has ignored this, should I move up the chain of command there and demand my rights under the FCRA?  Don't they have only 30 days to remove innaccurate information?  There are two other baddies which have been "purged" by the creditors and already updated by EX and TU -- still only EQ ignores the hard copy paperwork that I have FAXed on these items as well.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

FICOnater2007

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ won't remove items deemed "non-reportable" by creditor...

Does CSC hold your file?
Message 2 of 12
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Hi Tuscani,

Yes, CSC holds the file and they are the problem...

The last time I disputed this account (and 2-3 others which I have *documentation* from creditors in my favor...) the kind folks at CSC removed an unrelated GOOD account which was a car loan from 1999 that is paid-in-full, had ZERO lates, and was a solid plus on my credit report. Smiley Mad

I guess they think they can "school" folks for disputing by deleting GOODIES and leaving the BADDIES that should be removed.

So today I called both Equifax and their little brother CSC.  Initially I wasn't able to get much help until I threatened to file suit with the state attorney general's office under violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  BTW, I made sure to read Equifax's statement on the FCRA over the phone to these folks; along with my notes of dates, times, people, actions, resolutions that I have kept along the way. 

In addition, I am going to be in Atlanta on business in October, so I made sure to say that if I didn't get some response from a higher-level manager that I would be stopping by IN PERSON to visit Equifax and might be bringing some news media along with me.

Now that I got their attention, I have been assured me that a manager (one from EQ and another from CSC) will call me back first thing on Monday morning.

Fortunately I am self-employed and can WASTE an hour on the phone with these morons.  I feel really bad for the lower-income people or those who work from dawn til dusk and can't "play the telephone shell-game" when on-line disputes go nowhere.  They are the one's who really get screwed.

FICOnater2007

Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Human:

1-866-264-4878

1-281-878-1900

1-281-878-4848

1-800-305-7868 (The managers' names are B. Hilton and Bethina Jackson)
Message 4 of 12
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Multiple Posting Error

Message Edited by FICOnater2007 on 09-02-2007 08:06 PM
Message 5 of 12
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Multiple Posting Error

Message Edited by FICOnater2007 on 09-02-2007 08:07 PM
Message 6 of 12
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Tuscani,

THANK YOUSmiley Very Happy, THANK YOUSmiley Very Happy, THANK YOU!Smiley Very Happy

I spoke with Beatrice Hilton and she has taken care of this for me.  Not only did the collection get removed, also the other items that EQ (CSC here in Texas...) has dragged their heels on which included updates to SHELL/Citi; GEMB/Dillard's, and DSRM/Valero.

Check this out:

Before (8/27/2007):

My Equifax FICO          627   Smiley Sad
Wife's Equifax FICO    630   Smiley Sad

After (8/28/2007):  Yes, the NEXT DAY!

My Equifax FICO          707   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy
Wife's Equifax FICO    697   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

When I pulled our scores this morning, I almost had a heart-attack!  In fact, as of today EQ is the highest of my three FICOs.  The others are now:

EX     700
TU     657

Tuscani, thanks for your info and help on this forum!  They ought to give you the Nobel Peace Prize or something! Smiley Wink

All the best,

FICOnater2007

P.S. I was shocked that the collection carried so much weight..!  It was paid-in-full about 3-4 months ago though.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That is so great! I'm very happy for you, congratulations on your success! Persistence pays off big!

Message Edited by Lori344 on 08-29-2007 08:03 AM
Message 8 of 12
autofly
Contributor

I have a medical collection that I paid in Janurary of this year.  Before I paid it the supervisor of the hospital billing dept. told me after it was paid he would remove it.  He didn't.  Now he doesn't take my calls.  How do I start to get this off of my CR?

Auto
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you by chance know how a credit card that is listed as lost stolen effects your credit score? I read on this board that it remains for 2 years. If that is true I have one that is scheduled to fall off next month.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.